When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help a newbie making is choice

slayerman

Hi Everybody,

After reading your topic I decided to buy me a tag ling chronograph with brush benzyl.

This watch is powered by asian 7750 valjoux.

1) Does this movement is reliable ?

2) How to be sure is the second generation of 7750 ?

3) In a review someone mention the date font problem ? Does it exist a model without this problem ? Can it be solve and how ?

I

1) Does this movement is reliable ?

The main problem with this movement (beside the 'second @ 6' tweak, witch is irelevant here) is that they are badly oiled, if you have it service (add $200) by The Zigmeister, you'll have a reliable mouvement.

2) How to be sure is the second generation of 7750 ?

The second generation beats at 28.800 bps, in this case, you have a second generation movement.

3) In a review someone mention the date font problem ? Does it exist a model without this problem ? Can it be solve and how ?

nope, you'll have to do some mods for this (correct me if I'm wrong), once again, The Zigmeister's the man.

I have found another kind of movement call “zenith”.

4) Does someone now this movement ? Is it more reliable than asian 7750 valjoux ?

scam site, stay away!

Zenith is a high end movement manufacture, but has nothing to do with the website you mention here.

5) Or does I’ve got to make a concession on the chronograph a buy a “Link SS White Swiss Eta 2824” in order to get a more reliable movement ?

Not the same watch, but yes, you'll end up with a much more reliable watch.

6) Or does it exist an ETA model for this watch (with this quality ?) and where can I found it (site ? contact ?)

No, it's only available with asian 7750, swapping with a swiss might be difficult with the recent asian 7750, if not impossible.

7) My last question, considering the price of the watch, the warranty is for me and important point.

warranty the watch for only a little period (does it’s enough ?)

Well... choose your dealer carefully, it's your only garantee.

Ps : excuse my poor english i'm french frog LOL

Bienvenue sur RWG alors ;)

Cheers

Edited by FasTTaP

How about simply say: This site like scam? Those Watch (aquaracers) are Asian movement or Quartz at best that you will find under 80$ from Silix. They don't have Sapphrire crystal neither. It's the cheap version we all know for a while. For that price, you could get the new 7750 version which is MUCH better.

The 31 jewels Zenith movement is 100% a scam. This movement worth over 1000$ alone. Scam Scam Scam !

Pour les fran

Edited by vric