When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quartz Chrono dying ?

vric

Well this one is strange.

I have a Tag Heuer Aquaracer that I got from Neil (it's flawed, lot of problem esthetically. Neil promised me a credit, but I'm still waiting after 5 months) Anyway, I looked at it this morning, and the chrono don't seem to work.

It's quite strange. When I press the up pusher (to start the chrono), the chrono second hand move by 1/5 a second (this movement is supposed to be like that). So if I press 5 time, it move on 1 second. If I hold it, the second will run fast, but won't stop.

When I press the down pusher (to reset it or "lap pause" it) the chrono minute advance by 1 every time and the chrono second to the same as higher.

I never worn this watch. Since I received it, I took picture of it and I sent it back in his packaging. (the crown was pulled for nut drain the battery) So it's basically have no time run, no wrist time in the last 5 months.

Any idea why it do that ? I'm just curious to know. Adding this problem with all the others I complained on another thread, this one is a complete pos. This is my first rep I have a problem and it's a Quartz one.. funny :bangin:

Edited by vric

Well this one is strange.

I have a Tag Heuer Aquaracer that I got from Neil (it's flawed, lot of problem esthetically. Neil promised me a credit, but I'm still waiting after 5 months) Anyway, I looked at it this morning, and the chrono don't seem to work.

It's quite strange. When I press the up pusher (to start the chrono), the chrono second hand move by 1/5 a second (this movement is supposed to be like that). So if I press 5 time, it move on 1 second. If I hold it, the second will run fast, but won't stop.

When I press the down pusher (to reset it or "lap pause" it) the chrono minute advance by 1 every time and the chrono second to the same as higher.

I never worn this watch. Since I received it, I took picture of it and I sent it back in his packaging. (the crown was pulled for nut drain the battery) So it's basically have no time run, no wrist time in the last 5 months.

Any idea why it do that ? I'm just curious to know. Adding this problem with all the others I complained on another thread, this one is a complete pos. This is my first rep I have a problem and it's a Quartz one.. funny :bangin:

I am not saying that this should be the problem , but maybe the watch was already delivered tou you with a drained battery. Batteries , no matter if they are used or not, do loose power and eventually are drained out after few years.

.... of course I am just guessing, and the problem maybe is a different one.

I also think it's a battery problem. I used to have a Seiko quartz chrono which acted really strange when the battery was running out.

Try replacing the battery first.

The quartx Aquaracer rep doesn't have a funtioning chrono. I have not seen an auto with working chrono either of this watch, but the Link based on the 7750 has a working chrono (sec at 9).

Thanks for the reply, but you are completely wrong.

There is at least 4 version of the Aquaracer in Quartz with working chrono.

3 of them (Blue, Black and White) have a normal Quartz Movement (Miyota)

The one I have (Silver, with electric blue sub-dial) have a micro sweeping second hard movement.

The Chrono was working when I received it, it was the only thing that was good on this watch...

I will try to change the battery, but I will wait. This watch is flawed and TTK (Neil) promised me a credit for it, which I still wait after 5 months of waiting..