When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what size drill bit for countersinking 24-703 case tube?

cableguy

thanks, but

:o never, for the tube hole you need a driller of 2,7-3 mm.

That may be correct to actually drill the tube hole...But we were answering the original poster's question regarding which size bit to use to countersink the hole.

That may be correct to actually drill the tube hole...But we were answering the original poster's question regarding which size bit to use to countersink the hole.

:D yes yes ok :D

i didn't know what is a countersink.

now i konw, thanks ;)

Sorry, I was going to add that the exact size for this bit is not that important since you are only countersinking and NOT drilling all the way through. The countersink is like a circular indentation around the actual hole where the tube sits so the crown can screw all the way down on the tube and fit to the case properly.

That case can't be countersunk very much at all. The case is too thin, and the tube hole is biased towards the bottom. If you try this again, drill very gradually, until the cut approached the outer edge of the case...then stop. Also, make sure that your bit stays centered in the hole. Good luck.

The good side to this is that if you do open things up a bit too much, it is on the back side of the watch and it will be unseen while wearing it. Some of the cases that I have seen have the crown hole so close to the back edge of the case that it is impossible to countersink them without breaking it through the rear. There simply isn't enough material there to allow the countersink to stay within the case wall.