When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does this exhibit the 6/9 Carrera Issue?

dastrix

Hi Guys

Below is the image from Joshs site, can anyone confirm this does/doesn't have the issue with the width of the 6/9 dials? As far as I know, the only real issue is the date font - correct?

Thanks

303006-958.jpg

here is the Gen picture, spacing looks different

303006-959.jpg

Edited by dastrix

The fault i see there is with the 12/6 subdials, on the gen the numbers almost touch the silver ring of the subdial but on the rep they are spaced a little further in, although this is a flaw it is small and unnoticable, yes the people here will shout and cry about 0.010 of a mm but in the real world you will be paying 10% of the price for 90% of the watch and lets face it it is a great looking watch. You could install a gen date wheel or a swiss 7750 but if you got it serviced by Ziggy it should be just as good as the gen!

My 2cts

The fault i see there is with the 12/6 subdials, on the gen the numbers almost touch the silver ring of the subdial but on the rep they are spaced a little further in, although this is a flaw it is small and unnoticable, yes the people here will shout and cry about 0.010 of a mm but in the real world you will be paying 10% of the price for 90% of the watch and lets face it it is a great looking watch. You could install a gen date wheel or a swiss 7750 but if you got it serviced by The Zigmeister it should be just as good as the gen!

My 2cts

Your right, im fussing. Who is The Zigmeister and what does he do? Ive searched the forums (seems not very well)

I have this Carrera rep on my wrist as I type this... Magnificent rep, solid and well built! A dressy chrono, yet sportier than the BCE.

I wonder, however, if the text and logo should be in the same color as the subdial rings? On the rep they are a darker shade of grey...

303075-924.jpg

I have this Carrera rep on my wrist as I type this... Magnificent rep, solid and well built! A dressy chrono, yet sportier than the BCE.

I wonder, however, if the text and logo should b e in the same color as the subdial rings? On the rep they are a darker shade of grey...

Agreed.

Rep text and logo should be a little "more white" and readable, it's a minor flaw but noticeable for fussy guys like we are.

Still one of my favourite watch.