When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PANERAI 187 7753 DIAL

Date aperture will be different for the ETA 7753.

I'm thinking, if you *DO* get this made, will people have to buy an ETA 7753 movement ($500 or so at ofrei.com), as well as the PAM187 with Asian 7750 (close to $1000), plus this new dial and someone to put it together correctly?

Gonna be expensive :(

I absolutley do not see the point of doing this. I will wait until my 187 is in my hands but as far as I am aware the recessed dwtewheel is not nearly as bad as it is on the 7750 188/196's - so maybe they have re-worked the transfer gears which were the cause of this problem. I also never understood why the date window on the 7750 daylights was also offset when it should be equidistant between the 4-5 with the distance from the center being the only difference.

So the only advantage gained from fitting a 7753 is that the quickset date will work. Now the problem with doing a dial like this is that it needs dial markers making as this is not a plain printed dial. I would not try removing the raised markers from the 7750 dial and transferring them to a new dial - way too risky and would leave the 7750 dial useless!! I really don't think it's worth the expense of this and would much rather leave well alone and fit the swiss 7750 if the need arises.

Agree with Finepics. I have had mine for close to two months now and still feel that way. The date is much closer to the dial than the 7750 196's and it is centered between the 4 and the 5. And beyond the risk of ruining what you have there is no guarantee that the quickset pusher will work.