When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Condensation problem on my PAM

My fellow members

Grasser is sad. :lol:

My new PAM fogs over for between a half to two hours when

entering an air conditioned room from the heat of this

God forsaken Florida sun and humidity.

It only happens from one extreme to the other.

What is the problem? What can I expect to pay for the repair?

Do I need to repair it or can I simply wait for moderate temperatures?

Thank you.

I'm sorry I don't know how to fix your watch but I can share a similar experience. I had this happen on a Genuine Michelle Sport watch that cost about $400. I was travelling through jungle in the mountains of Colombia and changing altitudes combined with humidity I think did it. Very disappointing at the time, but now that I have reps that watch is in the dustbin.

That Humidity in Florida is no joke.

Sounds like a poor seal, OR you have been setting the time on your watch outside in that horrid, humid, hot environment....

Hair dryer, crown up and open. LOW AND SLOW.

Then, if you can successfully drive out the moisture without leaving mineral deposits on the bottom of your crystal, you're all set. If you quit playing with your watch outside.

;)

Get a bagie or a small air tight box and som silica gel, you know the stuff in little bags in the bottom of new electrical equipment open the crown and seal the watch and silica gell in the baggie or box, wait 24 hours. The silica gell will absorb all the moisture in the box and hopefully out of the watch, removing the back would be better. Then the air inside the watch will be dry and should not now fog up. The question is how did the moisture get in there in the first place?

The question is how did the moisture get in there in the first place?

Absolutely. George, double check the o-rings in your watch, or even getting rid of the moisture on this occasion won't help.

Thank you everyone.

I took it to my local jeweler. He is under the impression my $10 deposit will cover it.

I do not understand why there is not more QC in reps. The only loser is the manufacturer. Legal or illegal you should want to keep your customers.

Even a crack addict knows not to buy from the corner that sold him soap last time.