When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Servicing reps

dastrix

Hi Guys

PM sent to The Zigmeister, but no reply. Whats the best way to grab him (gently) for a quote on a service? Or, are there are good guys around that can assist? Im in Sydney but happy to send the watch OS for a good service.

Thanks

Kris

Z is on hols until Sept.

I think marrickville boy is coming back to Sydney some time soon, he may be able to assist.

Send him a PM.

Offshore

Nice break! ok cool, ill shoot marrickville boy a msg ;) cheers!

I would think that with a little looking, you could find a watchmaker in the Sydney area who would work on your reps. Certainly the ones with an eta movt. My watchmaker has even serviced/fixed a couple of my chinese 21j movts. The biggest problem is the unavailability of parts- not so much for an eta movt, but things like crowns, tubes, etc. which are rep parts. I had to order a rep crown from China so he could fix one of my subs! Look for the small independent guy that does his own work. You just got to ask around.

I would think that with a little looking, you could find a watchmaker in the Sydney area who would work on your reps. Certainly the ones with an eta movt. My watchmaker has even serviced/fixed a couple of my chinese 21j movts. The biggest problem is the unavailability of parts- not so much for an eta movt, but things like crowns, tubes, etc. which are rep parts. I had to order a rep crown from China so he could fix one of my subs! Look for the small independent guy that does his own work. You just got to ask around.

Ok,ill do that. If I wanted to obtain a ETA rep date wheel for the Carrera is that a generic part or is it Tag Specifc?

Thanks!