When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help with my 177

russ

I want to replace my Pam 177 scratched mineral crystal with a saphire crystal. Can anyonr out there help? I really like the watch, but when I look at it I want to scream because of the scratch. I'm tired of screaming, I'm loosing my voice.

I want to replace my Pam 177 scratched mineral crystal with a saphire crystal. Can anyonr out there help? I really like the watch, but when I look at it I want to scream because of the scratch. I'm tired of screaming, I'm loosing my voice.

Aww, man, what's wrong with us today. Sorry about the late reply to a fellow n00b, but we're engrossed by Part XXI of a contentious thread -- so much so, other threads with more pressing matters are going unreplied to.

First, Russ, I'd counsel you to contact the dealer you got it from. If it's one of the reputable collectors (harrumph!), they should be able to send you a replacement, often free of charge.

If you got it from a member trade, then it's trickier. I would try to contact Davidsen (one of the collectors here, who has a gallery -- look there for contact info), and ask if he could sell you a sapphire crystal for your 177. There are Western Union fees, and the like, but his sapphires are guaranteed legit.

Good luck to you, either way!

If you want a temporary fix until you get what you want..

get some metal polish ie. mag rim polish ... use this with a soft rag .. (undershirt etc) rub hard and freely ... it will remove the sratch ...

^ depends from the scratch. I had a syntetic so called crystal scratched badly and my watchsmith did some polish magic with it and indeed removed the scratch but the crystal itself becomed somewhat of blurry and truth saying it doest look good now :p

I advice you better get a new crystal.