When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Swiss SFSO passed two important tests today

TK471

1. The AD inspection

2. Pool time with my daughter.

The AD was unintentional. I went in to the store to buy a rubber strap, and the jeweler insisted on changing the strap -- he was trying to be nice. It was 100 degrees outside, and I wanted to wear the strap so I capitulated. He changed it, inspected it and said it looked wonderful. I compared it to the newer version (they had a blue dial), and I could detect only two differences; (i) the pearl; and (ii) the date font. Mine is one of the first batch with the non-standard ETA font, but it's still too small when compared with gen.

The pool was a revelation. I took it in the water, nervous the entire time? What if I got one like Rolli that wasn't water resistant? But it was. I had no worries or second thoughts about it.

People, if you don't have this watch, get it. This is an example of watch that's a great WATCH for $300, not a great REP. It just happens to be a rep.

Color me impressed.

• 2 weeks later...
1. The AD inspection

2. Pool time with my daughter.

The AD was unintentional. I went in to the store to buy a rubber strap, and the jeweler insisted on changing the strap -- he was trying to be nice. It was 100 degrees outside, and I wanted to wear the strap so I capitulated. He changed it, inspected it and said it looked wonderful. I compared it to the newer version (they had a blue dial), and I could detect only two differences; (i) the pearl; and (ii) the date font. Mine is one of the first batch with the non-standard ETA font, but it's still too small when compared with gen.

The pool was a revelation. I took it in the water, nervous the entire time? What if I got one like Rolli that wasn't water resistant? But it was. I had no worries or second thoughts about it.

People, if you don't have this watch, get it. This is an example of watch that's a great WATCH for $300, not a great REP. It just happens to be a rep.

Color me impressed.

I'll be purchasing one in the very near future but I have a question. Will an AD refuse to assist you if he knows you have a rep? Additionally, would an AD call you out if he knew it was a fake?

I agree, this is not very responsible behavior. I have no problem with you wearing an almost perfect rep like the SFSO to an AD. But to take it off your wrist and handing it over is just plain stupidity.

I received a black sosf about two weeks ago (swiss), I don't know if it is an improved batch, but I think it is perfect. Even the little flaws mentioned in the brilliant review by By-Tor (like the 1884 font, the date font and window, the distance of the 15 number from the date box and the relatively weak lumes) are lacking in this watch. I compared with a blue gen that was presented in the front window of an AD store and I coud not find differences. I did not dive with the watch, but I rinse it with running water a few times everyday, and it just looks better and better. So, go for this watch (the best version) it worth every cent.

post-7279-1189209836_thumb.jpg

Edited by rafib