When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM111H with brushed or polished CG?

erwinner

Just got my 111H from Dutchy.... Great to be able to choose between a TI 177H or a SS 111H daily depening on my mood...

Only I was wondered about the crownguard of the 111H. It's brushed while the case is polished SS. Should the CG also be polished or is brushed just like the gen?

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

And if it should be polished, how can I fix it? I tried mounting the CG of my PAM090 but it has different holes for the screws....

The GEN crown guard for that series is brushed, not polished. All of the base/marina models are currently brushed. Other things I notice about your watch is the recessed cannon pin which can be fixed. And the pin on the crown guard lever should be flush with the crown guard. Here is where the obsession starts :D

If you are in search of accuracy than brushed is the way to go. Having said that you are going to have to have your cannon pin fixed, a palpatine crown, crown guard mod, and well a superlume. So you can fork out well over $300 for all that work, and :whistling: well only damning thing is the movement.

Personally, I love modded pams because they do look closer to the gen and depending on whom does you work most modders offer very good packages and the lume job they do is great. Also, I like doing all my crown guards polished as I think they look better with the watch and believe me I am in no way trying to acheive the ultimate gen look with my personal pams.

Good luck with your next obsession. Feel free to call me anytime at 1-800-PAM-ADIC if you have any moments of weekness :TY:

Hey Erwinner, Was wondering if you were pleased with the watch. Haven't heard back from you yet.

Anyway, with the deal you got you can really start modding the sh*t outta that one! :lol:

I never have the balls/interest to take watches apart but it looks like a good one to start with!

Thanx 4 all the comforting reply's... You're all totally right; nothing is easier than spending each monthly salary on more 'cheap' rep's and than spending next month's earnings on straps and mod's again ;-)

For this month I'm done having bought both Dutchy's 111H and Stutzer's 177H and ordering the Toscana Fiero strap.

Next month I'm in Greece with the family so will be spending the money over there :lol:

The lume on both the 111H and 177H are allready great. My wife asked me to put the watch either under the sheets or in the box; the glow kept her awake :rolleyes:

Only mod I'm considering for now is the cannon pin fix. I've heard there's a simple fix where you can simply pop-in a add-on; or do we need to take the movement apart? Who can tell me how to do this the easy way?

Thanx 4 all the comforting reply's... You're all totally right; nothing is easier than spending each monthly salary on more 'cheap' rep's and than spending next month's earnings on straps and mod's again ;-)

For this month I'm done having bought both Dutchy's 111H and Stutzer's 177H and ordering the Toscana Fiero strap.

Next month I'm in Greece with the family so will be spending the money over there :lol:

The lume on both the 111H and 177H are allready great. My wife asked me to put the watch either under the sheets or in the box; the glow kept her awake :rolleyes:

Only mod I'm considering for now is the cannon pin fix. I've heard there's a simple fix where you can simply pop-in a add-on; or do we need to take the movement apart? Who can tell me how to do this the easy way?

It's not that easy. And yes you do have to take the hands off and modify the movement. I would suggest using one of the modsters. But heck, if you're comfortable taking a watch apart.......

It's not that easy. And yes you do have to take the hands off and modify the movement. I would suggest using one of the modsters. But heck, if you're comfortable taking a watch apart.......

And if you are not comfortable doing this you can contact many of the excellent modders on this forum. The Zigmeister, Flava, Vaccum, etc. Do you research and you will find one that works best for you.