When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PT's Next Gen... 45mm ETA PO

Richard Tracy

It looks quite accurate. The orange color looks quite dull though, maybe just the pictures.

The clasp is missing "Professional" engraving. Planet Ocean engraving on the casback is also wrong.

Missing an orange line around the triangle.

Edited by cwai02

Should the P and the O of the Planet Ocean on the case back be larger than the rest of the letters? I'm not sure.

I can't remember if there should be a border around the triangle on the bezel too.

Someone with PO expertise, please let me know, thanks.

:huh:

Read it carefully. It says "45mm including crown". I believe this the same 3rd generation PO that I briefly owned. I reviewed the watch in the old RWG (check my signature for link, it's reposted here too).

The only thing that bothered me with this watch was the pale orange bezel color and too dark datewheel font.

But then again it had the minute hand in correct length, heavy weight and very convincing, solid feel. It's very good replica watch but not quite as good as Andrew's 4th gen.

Edited by By-Tor

We are going round in circles here! An identical thread was started a week or so ago on the same issue. This is NOT a 45mm model - read the small print carefully. It is the same 42.5mm model that PT has been selling for months now.

We are going round in circles here! An identical thread was started a week or so ago on the same issue. This is NOT a 45mm model - read the small print carefully. It is the same 42.5mm model that PT has been selling for months now.

I can't comment on this being his latest model, though PT says it is...

However.....

45mm including crown IS the large model... The 42.2 mm version is also including the Crown...

I have had both models...

So PT,... is this a New release ? If so I want one.... regardless of the triangle....

the current Asian 45mm model I have, though running great has a very bad crystal,..

and the HE valve is too low .. with this model I can do some switching between

the two....

ya, I have the gen 42.5mm version and two 4th gen reps.

The reason I bought a gen is that I want to use it for water sport when I go to Hawaii this summer. I ll probably sell it after that. It was $1400 from ebay. A very great deal imo. Maybe I ll keep it and sell the rep.

The crowns are $35 for 4. The hands are about $60.

I also bought some rubber gasket and Oscillating Weight.

47687-36821.jpg

47687-36822.jpg

ya, I have the gen 42.5mm version and two 4th gen reps.

The reason I bought a gen is that I want to use it for water sport when I go to Hawaii this summer. I ll probably sell it after that. It was $1400 from ebay. A very great deal imo. Maybe I ll keep it and sell the rep.

The crowns are $35 for 4. The hands are about $60.

I also bought some rubber gasket and Oscillating Weight.

Wow, $1400 that was a great deal !

Can you tell me.. what does your gen measure including crown ?

I can't figure out how the replicas can be so far off from gen ...

It's 45mm if you measure from the case to crown.

The bezel is 40mm and the dial is 30mm.

You can check my comparison here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=3459

I don't think there will be a good 45mm version. It won't be easier for them to make the date window right.

My other PO threads:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=2852

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=1358

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=1982

Thanks Roy.. it clears this issue up...

The case on the Asian larger model measures 44mm.. the crown is however countersunk

into the case much more than the 42mm versions only peeping it's head out 1mm.

I have a new camera that I'm trying to learn to use so I can show what I mean...

Looking at PT's version the crown is out like your's so you are correct,.. indeed his

version is the 42mm....