When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap and Deployant

TeeJay

Silly question really, but I was wondering if any one had a leather Omega strap with this deployant clasp on it?

ome94521613b.jpg

Would it be possible to fit this deployant to a regular 'buckle closing' strap? I've just got a really nice leather strap for my X-33, and it really looks the business, but, because of the length, trying to get the last bit of strap through the keeper is a real b1tch, and I figured a deployant would solve that issue. But according to the Ofrei site, it says the clasp will only fit on specific Omega straps for deployant clasps. Okay, I know that the 'tongue notch' in the strap would show part of the spring pin, but other than that, should a regular strap (in theory) be workable with that clasp? Thanks in advance :)

Just played an looked at my gen one and i would say yes aslong as the tonge end is no more than 17.73mm acording to my vernier gauge but i bet you can get an 18 in there as that is what the gen is and not too thick 2,5mm max or it wont close properly hang on i will just try something.

I gust got a gen omega shark skin to fit and close no problems, ok it is an 18/16mm and not a 20/18 but the width would not be a problem by the way the shark is 3.76mm high across the ridges.

post-1258-1188219736_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1188219855_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1188219923_thumb.jpg

Just played an looked at my gen one and i would say yes aslong as the tonge end is no more than 17.73mm acording to my vernier gauge but i bet you can get an 18 in there as that is what the gen is and not too thick 2,5mm max or it wont close properly hang on i will just try something.

I gust got a gen omega shark skin to fit and close no problems, ok it is an 18/16mm and not a 20/18 but the width would not be a problem by the way the shark is 3.76mm high across the ridges.

Thanks for the pictures, that certainly answers the question about the notched section of a strap being tollerable, how does the other part of the deployant attach? Is it just a spring-bar through where a regular buckle would be attached? I don't think the thickness of the strap would be too much of a problem, as it's a fairly malleable strap, so I'm sure it could be 'convinced' to go into place... (assuming that the 'buckle end' would be compatable with the deployant...