When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sub 1680

bertieng

hi achard .

well this is the ongoing circle question ... u have a 1680 fan club and the 1665 fan club ... both watches are sweet but deffinetly different ...

The 1680 apears smaller all do diameter is same, but the case of the 1665 is clearly thicker and there fore visualy the 1665 apears bigger on wrist as its sits higher than the 1680 ...

Now me personaly prefer the 1680 and main reson for it is probably the mag. on the date window and the shape of the 127 ... there is something about it that draws me more towards the 1680 ...

That said the 1680 i have is heavy modded where the 1665 i just recived a week back and is still stock ... i must say its growing on me as i write this and im wearing it now ...

Nedless to say both of them are great looking pieces and are my 2 prize possesions in my collection .

Here u can see a comparison shot of the modded 1680 and the stock 1665 ...

DSC01532.jpg

regards laz

It indeed should be a 127 - Laz, you show a modern 127 - my tip - if you can get one, get a vintage 127, they look better IMHO. Tell tale is the angled edge at teh top is much shorter in the older Tropic.

Thx O.

I did not know that ... informative rate given , cheers ;)

Laz

I cant really answer the accurancy question ... but i know some mebers will have a reply on that ... repaustria is a good bet :)

1665 case what i have read on here is the DRSD dial that i have the red font colour if off maybe also something else that why when i purchased mine i opted for additionla Grear White dial that ill be puttin in place of the DRSD dial also i must say i prefer the all white font on gw ...

GWDial.jpg

regards laz

Well yea ...

i must say i did not tuch it in any way that i know and after 2 weeks starts to show signs of minimal scratches ... only visible in some certain angle and under artificial light ... all do im sure it can be avoided and to tell u the trouth im fine with it as it gives the watch caracter ... after all its a vintage piece ...

u probably read all kinda vintage metods that members applyed to dials , cases etc on this boards ... it depends on what ure after ... me personaly wanna wear it of and let it get normal wear markes on its own time ...

regards laz

Hi, I am too looking for a vintage tropic 127 crystal.

The one you have installed laz, is indeed a gen tropic from the last batch of rolex tropic...

I have alredy bought a gen tropic from astorliv* in ebay..lets see if its the old or the new tropic..

I have had 4 gen tropic 127 so far...all of them genuine but a little bit bevelled.

Can anyone please sell me a gen and FLAT tropic? Thank You, send me an email my pm is full..(i need to upgrade again but i am a cheap dude and only upgrade from time to time)

Manuel

Edited by manuel