When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why does China EMS Tracking Number take so long to show information?

TmeShare

I just got a package from one of the dealers here and he had the tracking number written on the package INSIDE the envelope in black marker. The tracking info showed that it was posted 2 days after I got the number so I think they somehow can get a number before they ship an item (maybe they have electronic scale and software from the shipping company and get a number before the item is picked up?)

Having bought items from around the world I have found that EMS (Express Mail) from China typically takes 3-5 days to show results after a seller has provided a tracking number. Any ideal why OR are sellers giving a tracking number and then look for watch?

TimeShare

Has to do with "forwarders" and the type of merchandise being shipped...

Yep anywhere anyhoo....

Only last week I was in the restaurant in a five star hotel there....as good as it gets

Vast expanse of marble flooring

A group of well heeled Chinese business types got up to leave and one with great gusto hawked up a great gob of phlegm and spat it on the marble!!

The image of this happening on Park Lane London ran thru my mind with the maitre, de resplendant in clawhammer suit saying 'Excuse me sir could you just lean forward a trifle whilst I find a suitable pice of Chippendale with which to stove your skull in with'

I just got a package from one of the dealers here and he had the tracking number written on the package INSIDE the envelope in black marker. The tracking info showed that it was posted 2 days after I got the number so I think they somehow can get a number before they ship an item (maybe they have electronic scale and software from the shipping company and get a number before the item is picked up?)

Simple. They pre-buy the postage. You get allocated a tracking number before you ship stuff. Usually, it's on a pre-printed form with a bar-code. You fill the remaining details in on the form and take it to the post office at your leisure.

A tracking number doesn't prove postage.

• 4 weeks later...

In China the day starts with a big breakfast. At this meal, the foremost topic is what to eat for lunch. After concluding breakfast, the preparation for lunch begins and when complete, the eating of lunch commences where the main topic of conversation is whats for dinner? After lunch the rest of the day is spent in preparation for a hearty dinner which lasts usually 3 to 4 hours, with much alcohol consumed and tales of the previous meals of the day. After dinner no one is in any condition to work, walk, or talk, let alone post a shipping document.

It is a wonder they accomplish anything in China :cc_chinese: