When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Carrera - any other advice

2die4

Hi guys,

after lurking around on this forum and reading lots and lots of post I have decided to take the plunge and purchase my first replica watch. Am looking at the Carrera as I love the way it looks.

The one I have seen is from silixprime but have noticed that TT88 also have the same watch but slightly more expensive. Should I favour one retailer over the other ?

For the guys out there with a Carrera, where did you pick up yours from and if you have any advice or whatever then I would really appreciate your help. I want to make my first purchase a very enjoyable one and hopefully the start of building up a nice collection.

Thanks again guys and keep up the good work !

cheers

I got my Carrera from Silix. I'm very happy with it and the prices are good (especially if you want the rubber strap, 'cause they have that one for like $200). The only problem with Silix is their service is hit 'n miss. Some people get their watch in a wekk, and others (yours truly) have to wait 28 days between payment and delivery (actual shipping time was 9 days, took 3 weeks to send the watch). If you order from TT, think of the extra cost as "express delivery".

• 4 weeks later...

I have somehow ended up with three Carrera's, two of the CV2014 Racing version and one CV2010, black/Silver version... Nice watches, bought from a member here and from Ruby.

The Carrera is kind of a dressy chronograph, with a rather thin bracelet. The CV2010 is very classy, reminds me of the Omega Speedmaster. The only minor flaws are the datewheel font ( which can be fixed by swapping to ETA-datewheel) and that the logo and Carrera automatic script is a bit too greyish.

@2die4: If you are interested to buy the racing version, send me a pm. One has an ETA movement swap by The Zigmeister, the other has Asian mvt..