When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Modding reommendations and questions.....

Deacon

I just picked up a Seadweller(Joshuas best) from a member here(Lacklusterplus, a super smooth transaction). He removed the original bezel insert and purchased a new one but has not re-installed it. So I have a few questions for you guys.

First, can I install the new insert myself, I mean without screwing it up,lol? Tips would be seriously appreciated,lol. Someone else mentioned shoe glue? But someone else also mentioned having to work on the insert before inserting, that scares me.

Second I also would like to have the watch waterproofed so I can shower, fish ect. with it. Who do you guys recommend here in the states to do this? If I have to I'll send the SD with bez. insert off and let them do it as well. That might be the best idea anyway,lol, I also have a Breitling Avenger Chrono to be waterproofed and lumed.

So please recommend someone to mod my watches here in the states, and should I try to put the bezel insert in myself or just send both watches and let the person you guys recommend just do everything.

Thanks guys for your help. I just don't want to screw it up myself,lol.

D

All the watches I have purchased from Joushua and Andrew are water resistant... shower, swimming etc. ok... get a wachsmith to do the bezel .. or ziggy.. he's still on summer vac. but try to pm him.. he's the best ... better than most retail watch smiths around.. very fair pricing

If this is just a bezel insert then it is not beyond any one, but firstly does it fit in the recess in the bezel its self, a perfect fitting one should just snap in place and remain there with out glue. (is there any glue still stuck in the bezel if so remove it with a pin or screw driver, it should just scrape out) If the bezel fits in the recess but is loose then it requires gluing, i have used clear nail varnish for this in the past when i had a nice flush fit, i have also used super glue i found the nail varnish to be better to remove at a later day when i replaced it after some other work. If how ever it is too big that is where it starts getting a bit tricky as it needs to be filed down but equally all the way round until it does fit, it may also need thinning down in hight as well.. A for water resistance i have found all my sports watches to be able to resist a shower at least just by checking the back is on tight (put on some rubber kitchen gloves and tighten with your thumbs) and the crown is screwed down. On the bezel insert just be careful with the alignment.