When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do You Remember Your 1st Noob Question?

seraphe

It goes something like:

"Where can I find the best PAM rep for value?"

I'm on the verge of making my virgin order for a PAM. Can someone educate me a little more before the go-ahead?

Where can I find the best PAM rep for value? Remember, I'm a PAM noob and I've never worn one before, hence the max I'd be willing to afford for a reb will be around $200.

Currently, I'm eyeing at Davidsen's new PAM000 and PAM005. I like particularly the logo, hence these two. Both are offered at around $300, which is to me a tad too expensive for a rep that is manual hand wind with no chrono. Which intricate parts are these costs going to?

Can someone tell me why Davidsen's rep are so expensive? How are these compared to those offered by other dealers?

Today, about a year later, though I have had only my 3rd PAM, I sure have learnt a great deal from the various forums.

Oh yes, I asked something like:

"A PAM 028'A'?!?

What should it mean???"

And they didn't even kick me... :lol:

I asked for the Seamaster Pro.. With a blue dial.. or other blue dial watches..

And I had NO idea what people meant when they said "SMP" and "PAM" or all the other abbreviations..

Patrick O'Brian's Dr. Maturin says something like 'The Sailor is an amicable fellow.. but sadly given to jargon.' I guess that applies to the WIS too. :)

Oh gosh... I still remember mine...

"Can I trust this site offering Grade A+ Swiss Manufactured Rolex Datejust with 30mil solid gold wrap for just $800 (a great deal as it retails for $1499.99" or something along those lines...

I was such a noob. My first watch - duh - FG Prez. Now I own a PAM, therefore making me a knowledgeable collector.