When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a Omega Speedmaster Pro

kenmasters

Hi folks,

I'm looking for a new watch and I'm new with replicas, so I don't know what I'm getting. If I am spending $250 or so for a watch, it better be good ! That's still expensive for something that's not even real.

I like the original Omega Speedmaster Pro, but I prefer the day-date ones, or maybe even the 50th anniversary one, but I don't like the weird logo omega uses for that one..

I looked at trustytime's website.. they look ok, but I don't know what the differences are between the rep and the original. Anyone have pics for comparison?

- How is the look ? does it look genuine ? Shiny or cheap looking ? Feel and weigh the same as the original ?

- What is the quality ? How is the movement, durability, accuracy, lifespan for these watches ?

Thanks for your help. I know asking for dealers is a no no, and there is plenty of reviews already. I just want someone who can answer my questions in a reasonable amount of time, and I haven't found that dealer yet.

If you got a used pro in black/chrome, msg me ;):lol:

Thanks,

K

Search my friend, search

Read Bytors guide to the best omegas. and then read some more.

Bytors guide

Thanks I've been searching and reading all day long.. main issue is this sub-spacing issue because of the different movement. I don't really care for that as long as it holds time, and looks decent.

But the original professional is no longer in production ??? I like the one pugwash reviewed.. http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=8035

Would like to know what would be the best substitute if i were to order something today ?

Thanks!

After a day of research, this is what I've discovered. You won't find a super-rep for this model. The closest ones are the ones from trustytime or others, which lack the oval sapphire front and the correct back case. Other than the sub spacing issue and perhaps some marker ticks and font issues, its the best thing available today.

I'm okay with these flaws. The biggest flaw to me would be back casing. I wish there was rep out there that had the right back casing.. its dumb that other reps/models of omega has the correct back casing, but the most popular model doesn't !

I'm having trouble locating a dealer that will respond to my questions.

I've decided to order (try out my luck) with either trustytime or Pam111.

Trustytime seems to have the "best" rep available, but Pam111 has different rep..

OMG0036_1.JPGW818-1.jpg

The two look very similiar, however, I noticed two differences. Trustytime has the common flaw for the 15min markers are shorter. Pam has a model that doesn't have this flaw. However, Pam's model doesn't have the accent on the tachymetre. Pam's model also has the numbers above each time interval. The genuine doesn't have this.

Does anyone else have more insight on this ? I am thinking of ordering Pam's.. its cheaper in price... but if there's a reason to order the other version (Pam has a version that looks exactly like Trusty's.. w-816 and w-817) let me know.

Edited by kenmasters

If you're going to order one from anyone, check and double-check that the one they will send you is the one in the picture.

Difficult to do when nobody seems to reply to their emails... i sent almost every recommended dealer on this site an email. I'll just wait and see what happens. I would think that the dealers would want our business..

How about the constellation series then? Simplistic design that doesn't scream "OMFG look at me I'm the secx!!!!". I wouldn't say the Planet Oceans are flashy, they just happen to look great :D! Flashy would be the Gaytona:

130789-19306.jpg

I can see the ad for the Gaytona now: "Are you a sorry ass rapper feeling like everyone's above you? want to show off to the world and make it ask "wtf!?"... need to feel like you have a bigger penis? Then the Gaytona is for you!

tx_flava.jpg

Edited by guanaco

How about the constellation series then? Simplistic design that doesn't scream "OMFG look at me I'm the secx!!!!". I wouldn't say the Planet Oceans are flashy, they just happen to look great :D! Flashy would be the Gaytona:

I can see the ad for the Gaytona now: "Are you a sorry ass rapper feeling like everyone's above you? want to show off to the world and make it ask "wtf!?"... need to feel like you have a bigger penis? Then the Gaytona is for you!

Nice.. i would would wear that when the moon blows up... lol :D

Yes, Trustytime say they only have the reduced version. But they do have the 50th anniversary model.. No reviews on this watch yet, but I hear its full size and of the same quality as the current stock. Would like more insight, or maybe i'll be the first to order one and review it...

No reviews on this watch yet, but I hear its full size and of the same quality as the current stock. Would like more insight, or maybe i'll be the first to order one and review it...

Great idea. Apparently, it's accurate (apart from the subdials, of course) and has the right crystal and caseback for the model.

ps. I bought a Gaytona for when the moon does indeed blow up. When I took the above picture, it made me laugh so much I couldn't resist.

pimp-1.jpg