When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

changing dial on sosf

s.dupere

Hi, I have a BLUE sosf on the way, ETA.

Im worried since I ordered it because of the color. I really hesitated between black and blue, and I got the blue.

I wanted to get a black rubber strap, so I dont think blue dial will fit. (and sorry, a blue rubber strap is NOT nice, IMHO)

If I buy the asian one in Black, is it easy to switch the dial to get the black one on my ETA?

will it fit?

Anybody want to trade a blue SOSF (I havent received it yet) against a black? ETA and perfect condition!

Hehe, so much stress and I haven't even see that blue dial watch! I don't want to get both colors because who would get 2 2000$ watches of exactly the same model but different colors? Screams FAKE!

Hi, I have a BLUE sosf on the way, ETA.

Im worried since I ordered it because of the color. I really hesitated between black and blue, and I got the blue.

I wanted to get a black rubber strap, so I dont think blue dial will fit. (and sorry, a blue rubber strap is NOT nice, IMHO)

If I buy the asian one in Black, is it easy to switch the dial to get the black one on my ETA?

will it fit?

Anybody want to trade a blue SOSF (I havent received it yet) against a black? ETA and perfect condition!

Hehe, so much stress and I haven't even see that blue dial watch! I don't want to get both colors because who would get 2 2000$ watches of exactly the same model but different colors? Screams FAKE!

blue dial on blue rubber strap is fine? NO?.. ill show u a pic of mine :)

Slide1-4.jpg

Slide2-4.jpg

Slide5-1.jpg

Slide4-3.jpg

How handy are you with removing and replacing hands and dials?

If you're determined to do this but you've had no watchsmithing experience, you'd be better off taking the entire movement/hands/dial from the Asian and putting them in the fancy ETA case.

How handy are you with removing and replacing hands and dials?

If you're determined to do this but you've had no watchsmithing experience, you'd be better off taking the entire movement/hands/dial from the Asian and putting them in the fancy ETA case.

thanks a lot.

But finaly, I love the blue dial.

It looks amazing... I though it was more light blue...

so nobody knows if i can change the dial...

I don't know about the technical issue of the dial changing, but I had the same dillema a few weeks ago between blue and black sosf, and finally I decided (with the help of some friends from to this forum) to go for the black. I received id about two weeks ago, and I can't take it off my wrist (although I have also a BCE and some others). Because of the A\R it looks blue or black or dark grey depending on the light or angle that you look at it. But I saw the gen blue in an AD and if the rep looks the same I think it is very nice too, and probably also "change colours" because of the A\R, so if I were you I would'nt bother with all this mess of changing dials etc. If you did not receive the watch maybe you can ask your dealer if he minds to replace it with a black dial watch (probably all shippings on your expense), but i think you will be happy with the blue dial too. If you try to replace dial with Asian watch you will end spending more money and damaging this beautiful peace.