When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Vintages Subs and SDs in the Horizon?

poopypants

yes, i agree... after further evaluation... i think they are ok...

both the 1665 and 1680 has a better rlx font (the O still sucks)

the 1665 look like the same as aspire... sub case... the cg's look weird too... more angle on one side... the COMEX models definitely look like aspire models... the O in rlx font looks identical...

the silver date wheel on the 1680 looks, ummm... well... weird!

almost looks like it was spray painted silver...

also the date windows look too small... it is really hugging that date...

the insert looks decent... thinner font than mbw...which more correct... but the 4 is wrong... the dot is wrong...

i think the only positive thing about these MAY BE the bracelet... hollow midlinks with the 380 and 580 endlinks... may be worth buying for a bracelet?

i think the only positive thing about these MAY BE the bracelet... hollow midlinks with the 380 and 580 endlinks... may be worth buying for a bracelet?

Unless the watch is $40.00, I'd say no.

Besides... It's these endlinks you want...

49348-36515.jpg

Genuine 580's. No slots for the springbars.

yeah, yeah, yeah! always showing off!

the more i look, the more i think that these need a lot of work...

Well, what is more important is not exactly visible. The thing that makes the MBW's so great is their construction. As an example- MBW's use retaining rings for the crystals, so installation and parts acceptance is just like genuine. The reps in the watchonpo link will most likely not have those retaining rings...

i am not trying to compare these to MBW quality by any means...

but yeah, you are definitely right... i love my mbw 1680 and 1665...

however, i still havent put the new crystals on them... cant get them off my damn wrist...

quick question, is there supposed to be a gasket under the retaining ring?

Edited by poopypants

quick question, is there supposed to be a gasket under the retaining ring?

Hypothetically, yes; the provisions are there for a gasket (small grooved ring chamfer around the diameter of the crystal lip) . However, the newer models do not come equipped with them (the older models however did).

49446-36480.jpg

Well, what is more important is not exactly visible. The thing that makes the MBW's so great is their construction. As an example- MBW's use retaining rings for the crystals, so installation and parts acceptance is just like genuine. The reps in the watchonpo link will most likely not have those retaining rings...

exactly. if it comes real bad, the bezel attachement is the same as on any modern sub (with this spring in the bezel ring) which engages into a groove ON THE CRYSTAL which you will remove. and then you cannot secure the bezel again. You ahve to get a retainer ring then... :bangin:

Edited by palpatine