When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Beware yinmax.com

BobM

YinMax.com is a scam site ... a well done, subtle scam site.

There is another thread which discusses this site, but it is not easy to find. I establish this thread to make this information a little more findable on our forum. Here is a link to that other thread:

YinMax.com

This other thread was not really conclusive about whether the YinMax site was a scam or not. Well, I have tested them and thay are definitely a scam site! ... very sutble and - I think - slick scam site. It is sufficiently well done that it is not easy for newbies (like me) to detect, but when you know more the signs are all over the place.

Happy hunting ... from straight up dealers!

This other thread was not really conclusive about whether the YinMax site was a scam or not. Well, I have tested them and thay are definitely a scam site! ... very sutble and - I think - slick scam site. It is sufficiently well done that it is not easy for newbies (like me) to detect, but when you know more the signs are all over the place.

I still don't get it. Everyone knows that you're never going to find a miracle site away from here. Here's a simple rule of thumb I apply to any site posted here.

Is it one of our dealers?

If not, it's a scam. It really is that simple.

If I get it wrong and the site turns out not to be a scam, well, who cares? I'd rather people bought off Josh or Paulmart (and that's saying something) than ventured from the accountability our dealers have here.

You wander away from here (or RepGeek, TRC, RWI) and you will get burned. It's why we're here, folks. Don't do it.

Bob - when you say you tested them do you mean you were scammed by them? Just curious. Cheers

I "volunteered" to be scammed. Firstly, I had been tracking them and testing them for 2-3 months, by asking questions about specific offerings and their business practices (Warranty, returns, etc). [First rule of safe replica buying: communicate with the seller ... ask questions. If they don't communicate, don't buy.] And they did very well with their communications ... prompt responses ... reasonable answers. Looked good!

But, in a prior post on RWG, I suggested I might buy a YachtMaster II from them. I was strongly encouraged NOT to do so. I began looking very carefully. I searched for "yinmax.com" on our forum and found the other thread in which YinMax was discussed. The discussion there was just not conclusive as to whether yinmax was a scam or not. I determined to find out. The YinMax site is very well done, as a scam. The clues and come-on are very subtle and not easy to catch by newbies like me.

But, I was looking for a source for an IWC Pilot Calssic midsize. I couldn't find it among any of our 'preferred' sites [First good clue: If our dealers don't have, don't offer it, there is probably a reason. The reason is, there is no such replica presently available.] I went to YinMax and asked a few questions about the IWC Pilot Classic midsize they offered. Then I said I was ready to buy. But then I sent a message saying I was truly ready to buy but that I was also testing them as a possible scam site. I told them I was a member of RWG. I encouraged then (actually, 'him', Ying, by name) to visit RWG, to register and to search for "yinmax.com" and read what our folks are saying about them. I pointed out that RWG has 8,000 members and gets 15,000 hits a month ... that RWG was looking to add 1 or 2 new good dealers and that - if our transactions were successful and he proved he was a straight up dealer - I would introduce him into RWG ... a gold mine for him! But then I also told him if he scammed me, I would make sure everybody on the internet who could spell R-E-P-L-I-C-A wouid know of YinMax and know they are a scam. But I further said that he had another possible course ... if he discouraged me from making the buy, perhaps by just not answering my message, I would only make sure the good folks at RWG knew he was a scam. Well, that was a week ago. So far as I am concerned, Ying has sent us a clear message. He has decided to discourage me from making the buy. He does not want to be exposed to the world and he knows he cannot collect on my offer to lead him to a pot of gold.

I was fully prepared to live up to every commitment I made to him.

And, now I know of so many other signs and clues at yinmax that truly shout, "SCAM".

RWG is GREAT! RWG has power to protect and help replica enthusiasts! RWG is the safe haven for replica buyers.

I still don't get it. Everyone knows that you're never going to find a miracle site away from here. Here's a simple rule of thumb I apply to any site posted here.

Is it one of our dealers?

If not, it's a scam. It really is that simple.

If I get it wrong and the site turns out not to be a scam, well, who cares? I'd rather people bought off Josh or Paulmart (and that's saying something) than ventured from the accountability our dealers have here.

You wander away from here (or RepGeek, TRC, RWI) and you will get burned. It's why we're here, folks. Don't do it.

Pug,

Scams of every kind depend on an irrational 'passion' burning in the "scamee" ... in some cases it would be greed ... among us eager replica enthusiasts it might just be the burning desire to find a specific watch, that is not offered by our dealers. One of the things YinMax does is show product for virtually every watch offered by all the fine watch manufactures ... and while they use product images from the gen sites they even show pictures of the cameras "they use" to take their pictures of their offerings. I am telling you it is a very well done scam site, and a lot of folks are surely caught it that web.

I found YinMax just about the time I found RWG. IAt that time I had been working the replica market for about 3 months to find an "honest" supplier. I 'found' the "Grade One Swiss replica" sites, all high priced scams. Then I found YinMax.com. It is so believeable! I told my wife, "I am amazed I trust that site in China more than I trust these "grade One" sites in the US. ??" BTW, I have no idea , really, that YinMax is in fact in China, but you would send money to a chinese bank, on purchase. I was certainly ready to buy watches from yinmax.com. Thank God for RWG!

I "volunteered" to be scammed. Firstly, I had been tracking them and testing them for 2-3 months, by asking questions about specific offerings and their business practices (Warranty, returns, etc). [First rule of safe replica buying: communicate with the seller ... ask questions. If they don't communicate, don't buy.] And they did very well with their communications ... prompt responses ... reasonable answers. Looked good!

But, in a prior post on RWG, I suggested I might buy a YachtMaster II from them. I was strongly encouraged NOT to do so. I began looking very carefully. I searched for "yinmax.com" on our forum and found the other thread in which YinMax was discussed. The discussion there was just not conclusive as to whether yinmax was a scam or not. I determined to find out. The YinMax site is very well done, as a scam. The clues and come-on are very subtle and not easy to catch by newbies like me.

But, I was looking for a source for an IWC Pilot Calssic midsize. I couldn't find it among any of our 'preferred' sites [First good clue: If our dealers don't have, don't offer it, there is probably a reason. The reason is, there is no such replica presently available.] I went to YinMax and asked a few questions about the IWC Pilot Classic midsize they offered. Then I said I was ready to buy. But then I sent a message saying I was truly ready to buy but that I was also testing them as a possible scam site. I told them I was a member of RWG. I encouraged then (actually, 'him', Ying, by name) to visit RWG, to register and to search for "yinmax.com" and read what our folks are saying about them. I pointed out that RWG has 8,000 members and gets 15,000 hits a month ... that RWG was looking to add 1 or 2 new good dealers and that - if our transactions were successful and he proved he was a straight up dealer - I would introduce him into RWG ... a gold mine for him! But then I also told him if he scammed me, I would make sure everybody on the internet who could spell R-E-P-L-I-C-A wouid know of YinMax and know they are a scam. But I further said that he had another possible course ... if he discouraged me from making the buy, perhaps by just not answering my message, I would only make sure the good folks at RWG knew he was a scam. Well, that was a week ago. So far as I am concerned, Ying has sent us a clear message. He has decided to discourage me from making the buy. He does not want to be exposed to the world and he knows he cannot collect on my offer to lead him to a pot of gold.

I was fully prepared to live up to every commitment I made to him.

And, now I know of so many other signs and clues at yinmax that truly shout, "SCAM".

RWG is GREAT! RWG has power to protect and help replica enthusiasts! RWG is the safe haven for replica buyers.

Thanks for the clarification. A very interesting story and another lesson learned. :g::good: Cheers