When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 2006 AP RO

rek001

So I've decided my next rep will be an AP RO - 36mm case, blue dial, so far tough to find.

I've been looking around the dealers photo albums and seeing a new version of the Jumbo, and am not liking what I see. It appears that the new ones have a very wide bezel, and I think it looks really bad.

Has anyone else noticed this?

As long as I'm at it, can anyone recommend a nice 36mm AP RO with blue dial?

Thanks much.

Yeah thanks for agreeing with me Randy.

It's really frustrsting when you finally decide what your nest rep will be and in your shopping research you come across garbage like this. Sorry but that's what it is.

And it's amazing that a bunch of our dealers are offering this.

Yes I had absolutely no intention of even considering it, I'm on a quest for a 36mm case AP RO, I just keep seeing these terrible versions along the way, and theya re being touted as the new improved ones, blech!

Yup.... It's no good. Look very poorly done, as it appears that the larger sized case is trying to accomodate a dial for the 36mm watch!

I just shake my head...

I agree the new RO is a scandal :thumbdown:

What is AP RO?

Usil

50428-36308.jpg

Lately we have seen some watches and concepts from AP that I can not described as desireable but let us forget about the bling and take a look at.....

From the proud history of AP

The history of AUDEMARS PIGUET begins in 1875, when Jules Audemars and Edward Piguet, two talented master watchmakers, joined forces to found a company in Le Brassus, which immediately specialized in ultra-thin watches with complications. Perhaps the most prominent line in the Audemars Piguet collection is the Royal Oak, which was launched in 1972. The name is rooted in English history: it is said that Charles II, when pursued by Cromwell's army in 1651, took refuge in the hollow trunk of an oak.

50428-36309.jpg

Inspired by the story, the Royal Nayy between 1803 and 1914 christened three of its largest battleships "Royal Oak." Spurred by the rich historical heritage of the name, Audemars Piguet decided to commission a design from that rascal Gerald Genta that would be a worthy reflection of this proud heritage. The shape is derived from the shape of a porthole, with the bezel attached by eight hexagonal bolts made of white gold. Purists may note that the slots of the screws are, of course, always perfectly aligned to follow the curvature of the case.

Porthole

50428-36310.jpg

50428-36311.jpg

APs future

Some say the corporation will concentrate on four collection families, i.e. on the Royal Oak, the Millenary, the complications, and ladies' jewellery watches ^_^

I myself like the Jules Audemars APs the most, and many of us are waiting for the first Lemania rep version of the AP Jules Audemars Chronograph

50428-36312.jpg

or even a replica version of theAP Jules Audemars Reserve de Marche

50428-36313.jpg

and there is so much more on their website....Audemars Piguet Homepage such PR stunts as that Audemars Piguet is the co-sponsor of Alinghi, Swiss Defence for the America's Cup in 2007.

Regards

gran :)

Thanks, Gunnar!

Now I want the 36mm RO even more.

So, anyone have a recommendation for a dealer please?