When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vacheron Overseas new rep warning

thomasng

I recieved the newest VC Overseas replica today, and I have encountered major problems with the bracelet. It appears that the screws are very soft, and break very easily, apart from the fact many of the screws are stuck in the bracelet anyways. My professional watchmaker couldn't even move the screws, and ended up breaking a few too.

Just a heads up.

Thanks for the info. The old VC was my favorite rep because it has a 2892 movement and was relumed by Zig. Unfortunately, the bracelet closing mechanism broke and it is nearly impossible to find a strap for it. Thanks for the heads up.

Have you contacted your dealer about possibly getting a replacement closure or bracelet? They might be able to help.

I have also had screw problems with this watch. This has also been noted in a number of reviews. After one of the lug screws came out and I was unable to find it, a watchmaker was able to thread a replacement screw. He charged me $5 for the fix.

I recieved the newest VC Overseas replica today, and I have encountered major problems with the bracelet. It appears that the screws are very soft, and break very easily, apart from the fact many of the screws are stuck in the bracelet anyways. My professional watchmaker couldn't even move the screws, and ended up breaking a few too.

Just a heads up.

Wow, I got my VC today and hadn't unwrapped it til I read your post. I got mine from Joshua - all my screws unscrewed easily. I did thm all just to check for those who are worried.

post-223-1147998605_thumb.jpg

It's sure a pretty thing and it is correct to the second with the atomic clock (but only set it about ten hours ago). Maybe Joshua sent me a real one by mistake?

LOL

Hope you get things straightened out.

Bill

I have the same watch from Joshua and luckily one one link had a stuck screw so I could adjust around it. I did snug them all (very carefully) before wearing it, and 3 came loose the first day. But not enough to fall out like on my FM Conquistador rep :yucky:

I need to take time to fiddle with it some more as the half link is the one that stuck and it seems to be either too tight or too loose. But the temp here has jumped to the mid 90's and it was only 70's when I adjusted it.

Joshua is a great dealer and I'm sure he'll take care of you :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wow, I got my VC today and hadn't unwrapped it til I read your post. I got mine from Joshua - all my screws unscrewed easily. I did thm all just to check for those who are worried.

It's sure a pretty thing and it is correct to the second with the atomic clock (but only set it about ten hours ago). Maybe Joshua sent me a real one by mistake?

LOL

Bill

Does your white dial look correct? I think it should be a silvery white colour rather than a matte white.

LOL

Bill

Bill,

does this bracelet look diamond cut or is it brushed steel?

Mine has arrived with a missing screw + 2-3 screws almost gone out from the bracelet. I gave it like this to a friend (it was a gift) and he told me that he would take it to a watchmaker he knows well to fix it. I hope he can fix it otherwise I will make complaints to Joshua.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the VC overseas I screws were like soft plastic, unable to remove them, I split on or two links just to be able to resize the bracelet!

But it was one of the best rep around, unfortunatly minealso had a 2892 with quick change date problem, I'm buying a new one this week.

Just a heads up.

Many thanks. This was the next rep purchase on my list. I read in some thread that the Chinese had done a remarkable job on this particular rep but it looks like the dropped the ball whan it comes to the construction of that beautiful bracelet.

Screws are one of the hardest things to replicate.....the smaller the screw the higher the quality has to be.......Chinese factories haven't gotten round to the idea of the high level of Q.C. and tolerances that are required on small screws.....!

Cool down and be happy - this only proves that it's a very good rep :lol: - bracelet seems to be a 'problem' with the genuines as well. A lot of complaints about 'squeaky' bracelets (but not screws) on the VC forums, like this one: http://www.network54.com/Forum/125476/message/1144317502/

You know, even in the best families................ -_-