When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms

panerai153

Hello all,

It's been a while since I visited, been pretty busy, and my watch collecting has been mostly focused on vintage Dive watches. Question for members who have been around for a while. Is their now or has their ever been a rep of the Blancpain "Fifty Fathoms" vintage dive watch available from any of our trusted dealers? I know that reps exist, because their are no less than 3-4 on Ebay right now, of course all posing as genuine NOS ex-military watches.

thanks for any help.

Arthur

Would look like this:

Blancpain50fathoms.jpg

I have never seen any Blancpain offered by our dealers. My best suggestion to you is contact someone like Narikaa or Kenberg and ask them to source it for you, I am convinced Narikaa could find a Blancpain for certain... maybe not these specific examples.. but 'some' Blancpain.

They are very rare in the rep world... but in the real world they are the same! I tried on the Le Brassus with diamonds - only five ever made, $300,000 flying tourbillon perpetual calendar... my goodness gracious.... it makes the best super duper rep with the brightest super duper lume look like super duper [censored].

The FF is a classic divers icon.

There are some one-offs out there but nothing by our dealers. Jewelryandwatch.com had one FS in the "Special Offers" newsletter I get from them for $950 :o, I think his cases are all of Vietnam.

Bill Yao of MkII Watches also makes a homage FF (called the Stingray) watch that you can customize and Enzo at one time over at RWI was offering FF dials he had made up, but they may all be gone??? I lucked out and bought one of the dials in the member trade area and will someday drop it into a MkII Stingray. I'll try to post up a pix soon of the dial.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the info. I have a MKII on order from Bill Yao. Probably won't be here until March, as the lead time has stretched to almost 6 months. I'll try Enzo and se if he has or can source any more FF dials. That in a MKII Stingray would be a great rep/homage.

The FF is a classic divers icon.

There some one-offs out there but nothing by our dealers. Jewelryandwatch.com had one FS in the "Special Offers" newsletter I get from them for $950 :o, I think his cases are all of Vietnam.

Bill Yao of MkII Watches also makes a homage FF (called the Stingray) watch taht you can customize and Enzo at one time over at RWI was offering FF dials he had made up, but they may all be gone??? I lucked out and bought one of the dials in the member trade area and will someday drop it into a MkII Stingray. I'll try to post up a pix soon of the dial.

Good luck!

TMG hit the nail on the head.

More info:

There is a cobbler in Hanoi, Vietnam, who is thee source for these forged Blancpains. He is the only guy making them (I am not including the random one-offs we've seen surface). And the best part is: he tries to sell them as genuine.

But wait, there's more!

This crooked cobbler also is the source for the so-called 'Stubby' M.O.D. SM300 that you find seemingly everywhere these days.

He also made fake IWC Type 48 M.O.D. issue watches.

This guy is a liar and a thief. He has been annoying the military watch world since the early 1990s.

I met him by accident (or luck) once. I should've punched him when I had the chance. Stupid me. His shop is virtually impossible to find, but, for the right price, it can be found by asking the locals.

He has forged countless watches, and he has ripped off literally 100s of people. He only sells fakes. Oh, did I mention that he's also a liar? I think I did, but I'll say it again.

I met him by accident (or luck) once. I should've punched him when I had the chance. Stupid me. His shop is virtually impossible to find, but, for the right price, it can be found by asking the locals.

Only punch him Euno -with all the "heat" you pack in your briefcase daily :lol:

I should have guessed these were from the same guy that made the vintage SM300.

Enzo did a super job on the dial. Unfortunately, he is out, with no plans for more.

If you drop that dial in a MkII Stingray, you will have one really nice watch. The great thing is the watch itself is really great quality. It will be water resistant, reliable and a great looker.

Actually, that was my plans to source a dial, and eventually drop it into the MkII. Maybe one day Enzo will come up with more BP "no radiations" dials.

Arthur