When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona 2 tone just arrived!

UB7

Just got this in the mail this morning from Andrew and I must say this blows my other Daytona SS from bluefakes out of the water:

P9080018.jpg

P9080021.jpg

Having functioning chronos, and the stopwatch is freakin awesome I love it!! This is by far my best rep to date. Just one question, which crown is the winding crown? And which direction? The middle crown when I turn it clockwise just screws it in, and wen i wind it counter clockwise it soudns like its winding but than makes a click sound after a rotation?

Edited by UB7

Congrats man! Looks great!

You have to screw the crown anti-clockwise as long as it gets "released".

The first position is hand winding, the second position isn't used on this watch (date set). The third position is the hack signal and time setup.

Read this Ziggy's article to get started:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=1404

PS: Moved this to the Rolex forum.

Thanks! When I do that and wind it, it seems to almost make a click noise after every rotation is that, like I turn it anti clockwise it makes the winding noise, gives more resistance as you wind a full rotation and seems to get tighter, than "pops" almost and gets looser again, than happens over and over...is that correct? And to wind it, you turn it anti clockwise?

Edited by UB7

And to wind it, you turn it anti clockwise?

No. Clockwise.

But there's absolutely no need to hand wind your watch regularly. Just wear it.

If you have movement-related questions, post them here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=76

Please read the "watch basics" threads in this section:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=75

Then you can read the review of the movement you have in your watch:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=1414

These should get you started. Good luck.

Hmm..When I wind it clockwise it just gets tighter and screws the crown in..? It doesnt seem to have a 1st position? Just a time set positon, and wen i push it down 1 click it and turn it clockwise it just tightens the crown down..Only reason i want to wind it is because I just got it today....Im going to take pics of my SS daytona side by side with the crown fully pulled on both in the time set position and notice the difference

Edited by UB7

The chronos work 100% stopwatch works perfect....Also second hand sweeps 50% smoother than the SS from bluefakes, and the top and bottom crowns work perfectly for stop, start, and reseting second hand...I just like to leave the chronos running so i have a second hand to look at sweeping =)

http://www.trustytime88.com/index.php?main...;products_id=12

Just to prove that the watch shown in above pics is from andrew:

Products

------------------------------------------------------

1 x ROLDYT-TT-SW-02 - Rolex Daytona TT White Dial - 7750b1 (ROLDYT-TT-SW-02) = $288.00

------------------------------------------------------

Sub-Total: $288.00

Table Rate (1 x 13.00lbs) (EMS/TNT/FEDEX): $30.00

Total: $318.00

This is not the biggest problem as I will wear this watch daily most likely, and also have a watchwinder...Just confused as why to the crown wont fully unscrew and why it will go into hack timeset position without unscrewing fully...I unscrew it counter clockwise, and it gets tighter than 'clicks' and gets loose, than back around again gets tighter 'clicks' and gets loose...As soon as it clicks i pull crown out to hack position to set time...It just doesnt uncsrew fully as it should like my other daytona

Edited by UB7

Sometimes getting the crown to the 3rd position (hack & time set) requires a bit more force than you would think. Try pulling it a little bit harder... it's worth the shot.

PS: Don't use pliers though. :lol:

Well getting it to hack time set isnt the problem, getting into 1st position winding position is the problem...Its just 1 click down from timeset? When I do it 1 click down from hack timeset, it sounds/feels like its winding but only for the duration it takes untill its screws fully back down...Actually i take that back it just screws back down doesnt really feel or sound like its winding...Its like, when i unwind the crown to get it into hack position, it doesnt pop out of the locking position...And to lock it you dont have to push the crown into the watch it just locks on its own without pushing the crown in conjunction with clockwise turns...

Edited by UB7

Can I just shake the watch violently to wind it up? Or should I just leave it on the watchwinder over night, seems like not big enough of a problem to send it back because im very pleased with everything else...Is there an alternative way to wind it besides wearing it daily and the watchwinder?

The thing is it gives resistance when trying to unscrew the crown it almost gets tighter when I try unscrewing it but when it gets loose after a rotation and pops, I stop and I can pull it only into hack time set position. And 1 click down from timeset which is winding, and rotate crown clickwise it just screws the crown back onto the case within 2 rotations. Doesnt wind at all

Thanks! When I do that and wind it, it seems to almost make a click noise after every rotation is that, like I turn it anti clockwise it makes the winding noise, gives more resistance as you wind a full rotation and seems to get tighter, than "pops" almost and gets looser again, than happens over and over...is that correct? And to wind it, you turn it anti clockwise?

I have the same watch from the same dealer and I have the same, or similar, problem. Its not easy to describe because it does not "feel" right. But then it doesn't really matter because its an automatic. Gentle motion will get the watch going, sometimes it takes a few minutes, and then extend the crown fully and set the time.

On the advice of Andrew I have never used the crono function.

The watch has run perfectly for the last 4 months, the power reserve is not great but that gives me another excuse to"wind" the Rolex.

felipe56

Interesting, but you can actually wind the watch? I cant even get it to unscrew properly..It either can be unscrewed and popped out to set time, but than wen do 1 click down to try winding, it just screws back in clockwise within 2 turns and is on tight after that..And when trying to unscrew it gives resistance than almost gets loose tthan pops, than after the pop it gets back to giving more resistance and happens all over..Is that what happens to u?

Interesting, but you can actually wind the watch? I cant even get it to unscrew properly..It either can be unscrewed and popped out to set time, but than wen do 1 click down to try winding, it just screws back in clockwise within 2 turns and is on tight after that..And when trying to unscrew it gives resistance than almost gets loose tthan pops, than after the pop it gets back to giving more resistance and happens all over..Is that what happens to u?

Yeah thats more or less the same thing so I have given up trying because one day it will pop out and it won't go back in again.

I was actually making a joke about winding the watch by gentle movements of the wrist or even better your girlfriends wrist!

Haha, good one...I took it to a watchsmith and he said the spring is the problem and refused to fix it because it was a replica and he didnt have the right springs in stock...I offered to bring my SS in and have him swap the springs to make it work on the 2 tone than have andrew ship me a few springs to replace it in my SS to avoid having to ship it back overseas...