When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which car would you choose?

elwopo

Yup, and tires ain't cheap. Although, you guys might have heard that the Pirelli P-Nero line has a 60,000 mile tread life. That's insanity! But, I gotta tell you you, they are excllent in the 17"-18"-19"-20" sizes (ultra-ultra quiet, highest speed rated and grip the road like velcro). Forget about those Ecxtas, Pro-Sports, Dunlops, etc...

Bah, if you want grip get some Michelin Pilot Sport Cups ;) Who cares about tread wear or wet traction?

75,000.00!!!

For that money you need to get the best damn car out there.

THIS is it. The New Audi S5. 2 door coupe. What a nice ride. Can you say FAST?

All wheel drive - the only way to go. The rest are pretenders.

Read all about it. Probably the strongest runner Audi has created so far. (for the road)post-22-1189462563_thumb.jpg

I've had many sets of Michelin Pro Sports on several BMW's. They are nice tires, but the P-Nero Pirelli tires smoke the Pro Sports (better all season grip). They are also the quietest tires I've ran on super large chassis E32 750iL. The P-Nero lasted over 30k on the 750. They paid for themselves.

Michelin Pro Sports were stock BMW tires for at least a decade. Now BMW stock tends to be Exctas, which perform great but tread life is 10k-15k which is a joke for their respective pricing.

The Pro Sports are excellent smooth hi-speed great traction long life tires, but the P-Nero is noticeably superior (especially after a 5k burn in period).

I was a Pro Sport man for many years but am now a P-Nero convert.

By the way, I have Pro Sports on my lastest 8 Series :bangin: Just waiting for a little cash flow to come in for the staggered 18"x8 and 18"x9.5 M-Parallel rims and Pirelli P-Neros.

I know that tires and what you pair them with make all the difference. Synergy is not always achieved with certain combos. I can tell you that with my experience with E31, E32 and E34 BMWs, the P-Nero is an excellent chioice. Especially in the 18" with unusual sizes such as 245/40, 275/35 or 285/35, etc...

I'm pretty sure that those cars used the same tranny as my E34 540i...I am all too well familiar with this unit: its $30 per liter "lifetime" fluid, its plastic checkballs, and ultimately failing clutch packs... :black_eye:

Yup, those 'lifetime' transmisions... My E32 'lifetime' transmission blew out on me at 160k. Oddly enough, I was 1/4 block away from the best transmission pair shop in Los Angeles (Sunset Transmission on Glendale Blvd @ Temple).

Those sealed transmissions can last over 250k - luck of the draw, I guess. I'd rather have a drain on the tranny than totally sealed. With the E31, I have no choice but to be gentle. After all, it's a GT, not a redlight/greenlight rocket.

Wow, the colour actually doesn't make me wretch, which I would imagine I would've done if someone told me, "My car is navel orange!".

I don't know how much these cost, but this is my dream one day.

JAGUAR E TYPE SERIES I 4.2 ROADSTER

jaguaretypeel9.jpg

Well.. Speaking of orange cars, this is mine, not just one that looks like it, actually mine.

post-2344-1190086136_thumb.jpg