When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Latest on Hublot Ceramic watches

hambone

this Hublot situation sounds quite delicate. I hope one day i'll be able to afford one....

P.S. Arminvanburren.. I guess andrew is right on that one. Since you didn't specify which PO you had.. i was left wondering until Andrew affirmed that the bezel itself must be changed on the 45mm unlike the 42mm pearl which can be removed and replaced without changing the bezel assembly.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can only hope that the lite version of the BB would be well made.

Just hope that those Ceramic Bezel Copy would be as nice as the previous one.

And let's hope also that they will build all part as the previous one too.

But I think this is a good warning for all of them... dealer as factory

You cannot sell all this things without taking some very good protection...

But the temptation is big and of course they want to sell to lot of people to gain more money and we cannot do that without being hidden...

anyway let's way and see :(

but i didn't ask for a bezel insert.. he said that the whole bezel needs to be changed? if this is the case, couldn't he just send me a new bezel (with the correct pearl already on it?) :S.. anyway theres no hard feeling or anything.. but yeh i was just hoping before that this was a possibility but meh.. all good..

Edited by arminvanbuuren

We may never be able to prove that the Ceramic bezel on the rep is from the gen factory but what I can tell you is that I walked into an AD and very carefully compared the finish and fit of my Mellow Yellow bezel with another ceramic bezel HBB in stock and they are identical. So IMHO the story is completely plausible. :D

I have the SS Big Bang that I got months ago, and I've been on the fence of grabbing a ceramic SS BB before all of this arose...and of course, kicking myself because...did I really miss the boat, are these genuine bezels and not only will the price go up...but will they sell out.

I contacted Eddie Lee, and he advised me to hold off 3 weeks ago, that the manufacturer was redoing the dial with better printiing...and eddie advises that an improved version will be coming shortly. So, I'm at a minor dilemna...because we are talking about a frigging rep that's running $1000, but is it worth grabbing one with the genuine ceramic as they won't be offered for much longer IF THE RUMORS are true...

what to do...

Just done some search about the hearsay of ceramic bezel origin......

Mr JC Biver was asked on 6/9/2007 in TZ about the place of production of the ceramic bezel.....

His answer is from Kyocera in Kyto (Japan).

Searching some information about the Kyocera , it is a very large company, with lots of products. They produced a variety of ceramic products.....

The manufactory location is not restricted in Japan only.....

One plant is in Shanghai, but whether it's related to electronic product only or not is not known......

http://global.kyocera.com/prdct/fc/guide/kaigai.html

The hearsay seems to get more interesting......

Edited by panghk