When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which rep for a Franken 1675

w.genzo

I'd like to make some mods to build my Franken GMT.

I have:

-genuine dial

-genuine insert

-genuine crown/ jubilee bracelet

Now I'd need an advice for the proper case for the dial to fit, and some suggestion for a proper mod maybe :)

Does the Vintage GMT from andrew works well?

I saw the new Retro Ed GMT Master II SS Black/Red Bez from TT, what is the difference from the previous?

Thank you.

Edited by w.genzo

That could be nice..

Which case works well for a 6542? I'd like to use my gen 1675 and bracelet, but I'm afraid no rep could use them.

I've builden a franken DJ, but GMT is still my favourite.. , and it's too bad there are no accurate 1675 GMT's available.

Then I've also seen the new Retro Ed GMT Master II from Andrew, what is the difference from the previous one?

BTW I'll keep waiting some years more for the "famous" 1:1 Watchmaker9 new gen reps :D :D

oh god.. watchmaker9? haha he full of [censored]... his $500 submariners are nothing more than Noobmariners and you can get them from TTK for about $100. His pictures of the F520117 serial number proves that its nothing more than a Noobmariner case, end of story. This has been discussed many times. The problem with the GMT reps is that they use cases that are way to big. The old Vintage GMT's are very thin watches kind of like a datejust or something. As far as i know, even the new "retro" GMT reps are too big. Building a proper vintage GMT is very difficult.

What version GMT is your dial and crown from? can you post some pics and maybe Nanuq can tell you what its from. Hes one of the many resident GMT masters (pun intended) ;)

Lonnie

That could be nice..

Which case works well for a 6542? I'd like to use my gen 1675 and bracelet, but I'm afraid no rep could use them.

I've builden a franken DJ, but GMT is still my favourite.. , and it's too bad there are no accurate 1675 GMT's available.

Then I've also seen the new Retro Ed GMT Master II from Andrew, what is the difference from the previous one?

BTW I'll keep waiting some years more for the "famous" 1:1 Watchmaker9 new gen reps :D :D