When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Everybody Loves Raymond!

Victoria

Not normally a fan of the white PAM.. But that's a mighty pretty combination a on a girl. :)

Why thank you, Apey. :)

I have to admit, almost every Risti shot of a woman wearing a PAM, seems to be that of a PAM 113 on a light-coloured strap (pink, baby blue, white). At first, I was like nhuh-nhuh, but yeah, I bought a Don pink croc strap last week. It's on its way. B)

Dear Vbarrett:

Big surprise! Really surprise!

After compare your original OEM with mine; I found that design, colour & quality are much much better.'

Well, I'll going to source it again! Yesterday, Davidsen offer me the following strap:

270034-3743.jpg

278912-1821.jpg

~ 24x24mm non taper

~ Calf or buffalo gain

Do U think the colour is same as yours? What is "Non-Taper"? What different between "Calf or Buffalo gain"?

Best Regards,

Raymond

Dear Vbarrett:

Big surprise! Really surprise!

After compare your original OEM with mine; I found that design, colour & quality are much much better.'

Well, I'll going to source it again!

Yes, sorry about that, Raymond. When I saw your strap, which is not bad, I thought to myself -- he's not going to be satisfied after he compares that one to mine or takes another look at DuDro's. It's just very different, even taking into account that mine is second-hand.

However, I have seen BRAND NEW calf tan OEM straps, and there is not much difference in colour.

Yesterday, Davidsen offer me the following strap:

Yes, in one of the three watches he sent me, I got those calf tan straps for the Fiddy AND PAM 112. I wasn't impressed, Raymond. They are MUCH better than your average rep strap, but NO WHERE near as nice as OEM calf tan.

Do U think the colour is same as yours?

Quite simply, no.

And his calf tans vary in colour, to boot. I received one which was very light tan, then another closer to the photo you show above. I wish I could show you them, but I sent them back for black ones...

What is "Non-Taper"?

Taper means narrowing -- like when you have a 24mm strap at the lug, but the buckle is smaller (say, 22mm). There are variations, like 26/24, or 27/22 for Radiomirs.

The one he is offering you must be 24/24, not 24/22.

OEM calf tans you receive in your pearwood PAM box are 115/75, 24/22 by default, so that non-tapering would be an immediate tell.

What different between "Calf or Buffalo gain"?

Apart from hide considerations, visually it means that calf is smooth, and buffalo has "grain", like the brown you see above in photo #1.

Last I heard from DSN, he told me he had only the buffalo ones available (in black). Maybe he's gotten a shipment of tans.

Bottom line is, I would not buy the strap unless he were offering it to you for free, or basically free. If you go to the Hong Kong Panerai boutique, you will see all their OEM straps, and the difference is VERY palpable -- starting with the "smell" of genuine leather which DSN's doesn't have.

If you need further info, just ask! Good luck. :)

EDIT: IF you absolutely must go with DSN's, then at least ask for the tan you see in photo #1. It is closest. But make sure you mention to him you want a deep tan, not a light tan, that he sometimes gives out.

EDIT #2: Just checked your white-stitch versus mine, DuDro's, and the DSN model. Though OEM calf tans are not the end-all, be-all of straps, you do see a lot more attention to detail than in your white-stitch. The markings inside yours are different. And the stitches are not the same. This is particularly evident in the stitches nearer the lugs.

Both DuDro's and mine have a slight up-down pattern, whereas yours and DSN's above are straight stitches. And of course, the leather in our OEMs is just darker than yours, and DSN's. The overall finishing is also not as good.

Basically, what I am trying to say is, bite the bullet, go for an OEM. Check out Risti's Accessories site for affordable ones. I wouldn't pay more than USD75-85 for an OEM calf tan in 98% condition. Note that there is one at the moment going for almost USD200! Crazy. That's boutique prices. These tans come up ALL the time, but if you're like me, you want it yesterday. :(

Dear Vbarrett:

Thx for your information! You're always the best!

Let wait & see when can I found the OEM strap for my 113; Or maybe rush into Panerai boutique & get a gen one tomorrow.....who know? :D :D This's what the fun begin

Next time you will see a new post here: "Everybody Loves Vbarrett!, (OEM/GEN) Tan Calf on PAM 113 DSN" :)

Stay Tune!!! :phone:

Best Regards,

Raymond