When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

witch watch Ryan Gosling wears in Fracture?

SAS

I've watched Fracture with Antony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling (the attorney) a few days ago,

Ryan Gosling is wearing a huge chrono with white dial witch I think looks like a IWC during all the story.

Is there somebody who noticed this?

I'm wondering witch model is that. :yu:

I've watched Fracture with Antony Hopkins and Ryan Gosling (the attorney) a few days ago,

Ryan Gosling is wearing a huge chrono with white dial witch I think looks like a IWC during all the story.

Is there somebody who noticed this?

I'm wondering witch model is that. :yu:

That's the first thing I wondered, throughout the film -- what watch is it! I even saw someone posting on that in a film forum.

It's as Maciek above said, the IWC Porto in white.

As for the film itself, my impressions: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=298709

I was not so high on it. It's enjoyable, instantly forgettable, and nothing more.

That's the first thing I wondered, throughout the film -- what watch is it! I even saw someone posting on that in a film forum.

It's as Maciek above said, the IWC Porto in white.

As for the film itself, my impressions: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=298709

I was not so high on it. It's enjoyable, instantly forgettable, and nothing more.

I agree with you about that film, nothing new at all.

I had this strange feeling of having seen it a thousand times before.

I agree with you about that film, nothing new at all.

I had this strange feeling of having seen it a thousand times before.

That was exactly my impression. First hour showed promise. Second hour didn't deliver.

The plot was gimmicky, but as the film wore on, and Ryan Gosling still continued to wipe his face like flies were swarming around it (WTF), and Hopkins continued to be a shadow of his previously talented Welsh self (what is THAT quasi-Irish accent he affects in American films??), I just couldn't buy into its ludicrous ending.

I can imagine that for people who aren't used to the American legal system, it might be more gripping and less confusing. But for me, it was like Law & Order meets "Mr. Brooks" meets Hannibal Lechter. :p

EDIT: Since it's a film thread, a few quick hits from me about recent "movies" I've seen.

Superbad - Delightful. No watch sightings. B+

The Bourne Ultimatum - Excellent action, but like I said above, it's like I've seen it all before. TAG HEUER! B

Mr. Bean's Holiday - It's hard to see a film with one's mother, so we chose this. What a mistake. No watch sightings... D

The Nanny Diaries - Vaguely like an extended episode of Sex & The City (which I loved). But it blowed chunks since as ever, the richies are the baddies. I like ScarJo, but the gal CANNOT act. PANERAI sighting in the first 10 mins!! C-

Death Sentence - I love Kevin Bacon, but I walked out after minute 50 because it wasn't interesting...he does wear a nice watch, but I couldn't place it. C

Becoming Jane - No. Just no. And I love Jane Austen, liked Anne Hathaway in TDWP too. Watch Keira in Pride & Prejudice instead. There was a nice Grandfather clock sighting... C-

(Off to watch 3:10 to Yuma. I'm afraid I won't see any watches on these gunslingers, and though I cannot stand Westerns, I like good films. And they say this is amongst the best of the year)

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched this movie the other day, it is an interesting suspense thirller. The watch he wears isn't one of those fleeting things where only a watch fanatic would notice it either, almost the entire movie you can see the watch and in several shots it is really clear, almost enough to make out the dial.

It's funny that a young state prosecutor would be wearing a $10,000 watch though.

It's funny that a young state prosecutor would be wearing a $10,000 watch though.

At first, it fit his character -- a young, up-and-coming maverick attorney, who is savvy to know he needs to look the part to be headhunted by the finest legal firm in the city.

I can EASILY see a young legal beagle like that dropping part of his Ass't DA salary (more or less USD 60-80k p/a) on a pricey watch. I see it in the Miami courthouses all the time.

But then, remember the scene where the secretaries are having to instruct the lad on choosing the right dinner jacket/tuxedo for an evening at the opera? He didn't know what a cumberband was (!).

That suggested he might have been given a tip about the IWC Porto, from an AD, or observed it on a fellow lawyer, rather than having the background to know about the watch himself.

Interestingly, just saw a rerun on Cinemax of "American Gigolo" (remember that? With Richard Gere in the role which propelled him to fame).

I thought he was wearing a blackdialed Cartier Tank, watchface down. It turns out it was a Piaget. He, OTOH, knew what was what because he had been coached to by his "madam".