When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega experts needed... Gen or Replica?

Guest carlsbadrolex

Guest carlsbadrolex

I have contacted this seller and he appears to be willing to meet at a dealer to authenticate. BUT he doesnt have the time to do that until Tuesday. OR I can pick the watch up today without authentication.

Looks genuine to me, and Im not even sure Ive ever seen a replica of this model.

Any help appreciated.

I can get it for $800.

post-7311-1189883471_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1189883487_thumb.jpg

post-7311-1189883531_thumb.jpg

I have contacted this seller and he appears to be willing to meet at a dealer to authenticate. BUT he doesnt have the time to do that until Tuesday. OR I can pick the watch up today without authentication.

If you can pick it up and it's an automatic (hear the rotor) with seconds at three with working chronos, it's gen.

Looks genuine to me, and Im not even sure Ive ever seen a replica of this model.

Any help appreciated.

I can get it for $800.

If it's supposed to be a Schumacher "Legend" it should look like this

http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=2...&no_cache=1

otherwise, if it's a reduced then the small dials are configured correctly. Fot a 'full size' they would be reversed.

The "Legend" appears to be a different animal altogether, judging by the dials, their respective positions, and of course, the date window.

Good luck, and keep us posted with your findings here on the board.

Carl,

If you can pick up the watch today have him give you a 24hour window to authenticate. Use an Escrow service and agree to release funds upon authentication.

My thoughts anyway, this is what I would do if I was not sure.

Edited by r2d4

I have never seen a rep of that before and we have only just got the working seconds at 3 movement so unless it has a quartz movement it looks pretty gen to me, also the quality of that bracelet looks real good and a different design to any rep speedy i have seen!