When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Alternatives to Aquatimer

World Traveller

The 42mm Aquatimer looks great, the size looks more balanced and appeals more to me than the big Jacques Cousteau Diver. The more I study the IWC designs I'm really starting to like the IWC aesthetic. There are a few others that I may get in addition to the Aquatimer, what are your opinions on these, I see am excellent review of the Pilot here

IWC-069.jpg

IWC-062-4.jpg

Here's a couple of shots of some of these favorite IWC Gens for comparison:

3717_005_l.jpg

3717_004_l.jpg

1_IMG_0129.jpg

1_IMG_0240.jpg

The St. Exupery doesn't appear anymore on the IWC site, I have heard only 1630 of these were made.

The 42mm Aquatimer looks great, the size looks more balanced and appeals more to me than the big Jacques Cousteau Diver. The more I study the IWC designs I'm really starting to like the IWC aesthetic. There are a few others that I may get in addition to the Aquatimer, what are your opinions on these, I see am excellent review of the Pilot here

Here's a couple of shots of some of these favorite IWC Gens for comparison:

The St. Exupery doesn't appear anymore on the IWC site, I have heard only 1630 of these were made.

1931 to be precise, 1630 of these in steel, the rest are rose gold (250), white gold (50) and platinum (1) ... That was last year edition, I think there is new St.E line this year.

regrards

The GST is still available as far as I know. This was maybe the first of the Super-reps.

I like the base design of the IWC, almost like the evergreen Omega Speedmaster. But, I don't like the way they have substituted a part of the tachymeter scale with the "International Watch Co." in Italic... To me, that does not fit well with the technical/ functional design of the rest of the watch. Nevertheless, a nice watch. :)

I prefer the Inge though. But the Gerald Genta design is not for everyone.