When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What to buy?

warbody

Sorry for my late response, well my sister is an architect so she's no so "Girlie" she likes to wear mens watches and she want a Rolex submariner ( she was going to buy a gen but i stopped her ) but perry's option looks very nice

She's not looking for a dressy watch most "casual" .. dont know what else to say ! thanks all for your suggestions keep going! !

PAM 113 - she'll love it.

!BUMP!

As i said before, thanks for your responses.

- Chopard Mille Miglia is a option

- IWC Aquatimer <--- Main Option

- Breitling SFSO

And the classy Submariner ... what's the best submariner i can get under 500 once again "as genuine as possible"?

Thanks Guys ;) Hope your to read your responses asap

I think you should take your sister to some authorized dealers and try the real thing on..

Make a list of the watches that have already been recommended and stick to trying these on. Don't let her fall in love with a gen that there is not a good rep of.

IWC: Have a look at the iwc ingenieur (technical) and 3717(archetype of a chrono). The slevin aquatimer is not released et, and the CD is a bit bigger/sportier.

RLX: Air kings, DD, DJ, submariners, daytonas.. no matter what, even if they are original or so darn close to one, she will have to face the occasional stupid/embarrassing question "is it a fake watch?".

BRTLNGS: read the guides, there are some very cgood ones.

Omega: same as above. The PO is nice, but bigger than the 45.5mm imply.

PANERAI: look at all the suggestions. Go for a new moded 111 and get a Good strap.

Trust me. Try on as many as she can. Make a short list and come back for the next round :)

AAHHHH... a line of watches that draw your attention ... and start there.. do you like the Panerais, the Omega, Rolex, IWC, Tag, Breightling, .... there's got to be one "Brand" that you fancy .... start there and let the search begin. :o

Trust me when I say it really does not matter where you start..... because that's what it is ... a start... believe me this won't be the last .....YEEE..YEEE.... just a start .. there is no end :thumbsupsmileyanim:

once in it's web you to will say... I really just was going to buy one Rep and that's all.... let it be your mantra... for now

YOU HAVE NOW ENTERED THE RWG ZONE.. TIME IS ALL RELATIVE ..... :Jumpy:

or you could buy a Seiko and live a very mundane life...... -_-

LIVE STRONG AND WEAR IT WELL

The only difference between men and boyz are the price of their toyz ...... Lanikai

Well something change ! drastically !

She got a allergy in her wrist the doctor said it was due to the watch she was using ( Swatch Irony ) so she need to get a watch without metal back ! apparently everything points the IWC Aquatimer CD i was a bit afraid of it cause it was a too sporty watch but NP ! maybe in the future she go for another one =) i think we'll be pulling the trigger this week need to contact seller and that u konw ...

The 1st replica for her and =P for me too ( ill take it sometimes u know that ! )

Thanks ( open to future suggestions )

Well ... decision almost done : IWC Aquatimer CD vs Panerai 111H Modded, Swiss 6497 Swiss Swan Neck ( TWP )

We are going to visit a few ads so she can test / feel em ...

Thanks ! and keep going ! (wristshots are welcome)

Edited by warbody

Well ... decision almost done : IWC Aquatimer CD vs Panerai 111H Modded, Swiss 6497 Swiss Swan Neck ( TWP )

We are going to visit a few ads so she can test / feel em ...

Thanks ! and keep going ! (wristshots are welcome)

Unmistakeable originals of chronometry are the undisputed specialty of the IWC Schaffhausen watch factory in Schaffhausen, in north-east Switzerland: the famous "Da Vinci", with its perpetual calendar, is one such. These naturally included the first "Grande Complication" for the wrist, but also the super-antimagnetic "Ingenieur" and the diver's watches, which are capable of withstanding water pressure even down to a depth of 2000 metres - and the only diver's watches with a mechanical depth gauge. From IWC come the professional "Pilot's watches". Equally unsurpassed are the exquisite pocket watches, which have been built at IWC since the year of its foundation in 1868.

It was no accident that an American engineer from Boston, Florentine Ariosto Jones, established the "International Watch Co." in Schaffhausen of all places in the year 1868. The factory on the Rhine - situated far from the watchmaking centres of West Switzerland - is indebted to this American for its name and its existence. There he found a newly constructed hydroelectric power station for his machines. Ideal conditions for his passion to build perfect mechanical movements for an international market. He also found watchmakers whose profession already had a long tradition in Schaffhausen. The State Archives in Schaffhausen include an entry dated 29 January 1583 relating to the Guild of Pyrotechnicians, Gunsmiths, Watchmakers and Hoistmakers to the City Council. This proves that the watchmaker's trade must already have existed in Schaffhausen at the time. In fact, the beginnings of the Schaffhausen watchmakers' art can be traced even further, as far back as the year 1409, when a monk from the neighbouring monastery in Rheinau built the striking clock of St. Johann's church.

Originals of chronometry appeared soon after the company was established, for example in 1885 the Pallweber system pocket watch with its digital display, today a sought-after collector's item. At the end of the 19th century, IWC was one of the first watch manufacturers to recognize the potential of the new and increasingly fashionable wristwatch, for which it developed entirely new movements. It also continued to build original pocket watch movements into wristwatches when the market in the thirties demanded large, extremely accurate wristwatches. This is how the Portuguese line came into being - a trendsetting wristwatch in a "king-sized" format until today.

Please click here to get detailled historical information about IWC.

IWC was involved when watches had to learn to fly with the pioneers of aviation and today offers a comprehensive range of professional pilot's watches, which are fitted with special protection against magnetic fields. And in the fifties the company not only led the competition in the race to introduce the first automatic movements, but also developed, in the so-called Pellaton winding mechanism, an unsurpassed winding system that it still uses exclusively today in its large automatic factory movements.

The special position of IWC is rooted not only in history, but also in geography. It remains the only watch factory in East Switzerland to this day. It is precisely for this reason that the factory regards the need to ensure a qualified succession in the manufacture of mechanical watches as both a commitment and a passion. Apprentice training leading to the Federal Final Diploma as Horloger complet has been the performance standard at IWC since 1950. This led us to set up our own training centre in 1968 with capacity for 15 Apprentices and two advanced training places. New training legislation came into effect in 2001, which offers budding watchmakers more flexible opportunities.

In the severe turbulence in the Swiss watch industry at the end of the seventies under its inspired manager, G

Well, I have read through all of these posts and I have to say that I disagree with all of them!

Whew, that took some courage!

But the forum has always been in agreement on one topic:

Choose your dealer and then choose your watch.

I can't believe that you have been here so long and have not bought your first watch or chosen your first dealer. To me it sounds as if you have never been to Las Vegas but have been reading a lot and you are going to start out at the $10,000 poker table and you are planning, with a bit of advice, to win it all on the first hand. Vicariously following the forum for so long is not a substitute for participating. After a year here, you should be contributing rather than than holding back for just a bit more advice. Perfection is illusive to at least some extent in all of the rep world. It is a hobby and not a death match.

Carl

Thanks lanikai ... I know the history, i love the brand =P but she dosnt

Carl .. isnt for me ! if i was buyer .. i had bought a SFSO without doubt ...

If you were a buyer you would have participated by now.

Any girl who is solely impressed by your watch will be moving you out of the watch realm and into the automobile realm soon. Do you have the funds to compete in the automobile realm?

There are few credible reps out there.

Carl

• 2 weeks later...

Well as i said before the winner was a Panerai 111H Modded, Swiss 6497 Swiss Swan Neck from TWP

I finished transaction yesterday i've been talking with TWP for a few days a very nice guy ! sent payment and now .. wait for the watch !

Thanks everyone for the help !

This is the beginning ;)

Hope to buy a Swiss ETA Breitling SFSO for me soon ;)