When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help/opinions

Nebakanezzar

They ask for the serial number because there may be several iterations of the same model; therefore there may be different strap sizes and lengths. The average watch customer doesn't know if whether or not the lugs measure 18mm or 22mm. So asking for the SN eliminates all this. This is probably why they also ask for the watch when you buy a strap because the average person doesn't know how to do it themselves.

They ask for the serial number because there may be several iterations of the same model; therefore there may be different strap sizes and lengths. The average watch customer doesn't know if whether or not the lugs measure 18mm or 22mm. So asking for the SN eliminates all this. This is probably why they also ask for the watch when you buy a strap because the average person doesn't know how to do it themselves.

But the question is...what will the AD do?

Fit a new wrist band and scowl fiercely at Neba?

Or call the fuzz and have the owner of the rep taken away in cuffs? (Ah, no... not gonna happen...cuffs won't fit. :D)

I'm kinda curious...

But the question is...what will the AD do?

Fit a new wrist band and scowl fiercely at Neba?

Or call the fuzz and have the owner of the rep taken away in cuffs? (Ah, no... not gonna happen...cuffs won't fit. :D)

I'm kinda curious...

Hopefully, they would just notify them that the strap has arrived and ready for them to collect. They will no doubt offer to fit it, but that's easy enough to avoid, simply by saying you are a watch enthusiast, and like swapping straps anyway. As for notifying the popo, unlikely, and, as mentioned previously on a similar issue, totally outside their jurisdiction as owning a rep (in the UK/US) is not a crime. In a legal sense, once you own it, it is due the same legal protections as any other item of property, ie they cannot 'confiscate it', or offer to repair it, and then return it un-repaired/missing parts. In that regard, that would make them the law-breakers for [censored]ing around with someone's personal property ^_^

Edit to add:

With regards the strap situation:

Neb, just go into any jewellers and choose a black leather strap which fits you, and has the correct lug-size. Then, all you need do is swap the buckles over, and you have a strap which fits, with the IWC logo on the buckle :)

Edited by TeeJay

I want to know where I can get one of those fancy deployants! Have you considered offering them for sale? If so I think we could arrange a group buy. :lol:

But seriously, good luck getting this resolved. If your watch has a serial number I would just give it to him.

If the strap turns out to be the wrong size, you can always claim to being duped, and that you are extremely bummed that it's not real. But t as long as you have this watch that works and doesn't fit, you would still like to get a gen strap for it while you arrange your bank accounts to eventually get the real deal.

As others have stated, possessing the rep is not a crime. They can't take it away from you. Your money is still as genuine as any other customer's.... and you may eventually be a return customer of their fine establishment.