When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 127 (Fiddy)

alant

Hi dear all, looks like I have finally narrow down to two dealers for my Fiddy watch. One dealer is TW... and the other is Davi... I guess most of you will know these two dealers. Now the question is that both do offer the ultimate Fiddy using swiss movement but price wise there seems to be $100+ difference between the two dealers. Does anyone has any comments/advice for this? And any recommendations to get from who will be a better choice in terms of watch quality and support? Thanks.

Davidsens.. dial is already superlumed and his sapphire is AR coated and will not explode on you .. also his bridge work is supposed to be more accurate

I believe sssurfer is back,.. he is one of the foremost tech experts on the Panerai's he will answer here .. once he comes home to

RWG..

Vbarrett bought a fiddy from DSN (david)..

My fiddy is from Davidsen. His watches are great. Best out of the box Panerai on the market. One thing to keep in mind, his QC is hit and miss. There are those, including myself and VB who have had issues with their pams from DSN, however, he is highly responsible and will fix anything that needs fixing. Bottom line, buy from him with confidence.

Hi hambone thanks for the feedback. So when you all have problems with your Panerai, you all send the watch back to Davidsen whereby he will service it?

Yes! You are correct sir! :D

Davidsen's Fiddy is his best made product in my opinion.

I have been disappointed / critical of his previous 111H and 005 models.

The 127 craftsmanship is just plain superb.

Well worth any extra bucks.

Recommendation - if you got a big enough wrist then buy it.

However, they do look awkward on a skinny wrist.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I just got my DSN this week. It is as near to perfect as I have seen. I was also lucky enough to buy it off of a member here, so QC was not an issue!

Edited by carlsbadrolex

Apologies for being a little late.

DSN.

TWP's has the needle swan neck, not the dagger one.

I also become very cautious anytime I read "synthetic sapphire".

Being the sapphire of watch crytals always synthetic, that is a redundancy that might cover something different (Andrew and Josh teaching).

TWP's is also incorrect in that sort of "clous de Paris" pattern on the movement bridges.

OP introduced that pattern only on H series (2005) and onward -- while the 127 comes in E series only (2002).

In the end, I am sorry I have to qualify TWP's model as incorrect.

While DSN's is 99.5% correct.

Apologies for being a little late.

DSN.

TWP's has the needle swan neck, not the dagger one.

I also become very cautious anytime I read "synthetic sapphire".

Being the sapphire of watch crytals always synthetic, that is a redundancy that might cover something different (Andrew and Josh teaching).

What is the difference between needle swan neck and dagger?

You'd definitely recommend ordering DSNs Fiddy?

Cheers,

Uhrenfreund25

The needle vs. the dagger is on the regulator. Look at the swan neck and you will see what everyone is talking about. Davidson's is more correct and his movements seen to have a better finish. My only tiny gripe about Davidson's is the amount of AR on the crystal. His seems super blue, where the real 1950 it can barely be seen. This is such a minor point on a watch that is 99% correct. The fiddy is a fine choice and I still think it is one of best looking and most correct watches out there. I have had on from EL for 2 years now. No one where I live even knew what a Panerai was 2 years ago when I got it. Now I get a comments on it almost weekly.

What is the difference between needle swan neck and dagger?

dsnvstwp127im1.jpg

You'd definitely recommend ordering DSNs Fiddy?

Definitely.

sssurfer, TWP carries the E-series movement now too. The engraving doesn't look as crisp as the dsn version, but at least it's the right series movement. It looks like a dagger-style too. I just ordered it last week so I'm just going by the pics for now.

Thanks for the heads up, slai!

I was naturally talking about the model currently displayed in the TWP gallery.

So am I! He's got a 127E in there. B)

Ooops... missed it completely. :blush:

Oh well, in this case no special preference for DSN vs TWP.

I think I'll leave the comparison pic to the benefit of anyone inquiring about what is a dagger swan neck and so...