When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sub Hour Marker Fell off - Please Help

vantri

The 10:00 hour marker fell off my 16610 Asian Sub and is merrily rolling around.

I could not find a "how to" on reattaching the marker for a Sub. I tried the search but I'm not doing something correct obviously.

My main concerns are:

Do I need to let the watch wind down and stop before disassembling?

Do I have to glue the marker as it looks like there is a outward dimple on the 10:00 marker where the lume dot pops in?

If I need to glue, what type glue is best? I read bad things about Super Glue fumes

Anyone that knows of a tutorial on this process would be of GREAT assistance to me.

Thanks!

Not able to photo and load....sorry

Anyhow, it's an Asian off the streets of Malaysia. Not even a red gear Asian.

The markers are Maxi.

I just was looking for a tutorial on how to release the stem and remove pin.

What is found interesting was that the silver marker holder has a tiny dimple protruding upward in the middle where the white marker should be. Looks like the marker may be held in place without glue?

I know I'll have to glue it back down, just wanted a good common glue found in U.S.

I'm sure this has been asked before, I just couldn't find the tutorial via key word search.

Appreciate any help!

Is it a "noobmariner"? Picture would help...I had this problem recently and opened up and glued a lume marker back on with some model glue...not sure if it was the "correct" glue but worked for me...

Bump - anyone please?

Not able to photo and load....sorry

Anyhow, it's an Asian off the streets of Malaysia. Not even a red gear Asian.

The markers are Maxi.

I just was looking for a tutorial on how to release the stem and remove pin.

What is found interesting was that the silver marker holder has a tiny dimple protruding upward in the middle where the white marker should be. Looks like the marker may be held in place without glue?

I know I'll have to glue it back down, just wanted a good common glue found in U.S.

I'm sure this has been asked before, I just couldn't find the tutorial via key word search.

Appreciate any help!

yep take out the movement and glue the marker back on. USe model glue or something like GS Hypo cement. Dont use superglue because of the fumes.

There are a few tutorials here on how to take a submariner apart and how to remove the stem. Took me 15 seconds to find it :)

go into Knowledge base section.. then watch repair and upgrade.. and its the first thread in the list

How to take apart your Submariner

Lonnie

Thanks Lonnie;

I was using the "Search" link in the tool bar above.

I'll look in Knowledge Base some more.

Best,

VT

yep take out the movement and glue the marker back on. USe model glue or something like GS Hypo cement. Dont use superglue because of the fumes.

There are a few tutorials here on how to take a submariner apart and how to remove the stem. Took me 15 seconds to find it :)

go into Knowledge base section.. then watch repair and upgrade.. and its the first thread in the list

How to take apart your Submariner

Lonnie