When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

John Barrowman's watches

TeeJay

Most specifically, the ones he wore in Torchwood and Doctor Who. I was watching ep Two of Torchwood last night, and it appeared similar to an Air-King/Aqua Terra, black dial, on black leather strap, with no datewheel or cyclops. In the episode of Doctor Who where he re-joins the Doctor's company, he was again wearing a similar watch, but there was a definite cyclops on the crystal. From his hosting appearances, I've noticed he favors Rolexes, and wondered if indeed he was wearing one of his own watches, on a different strap, for filming... Great actor, and from what I've seen of his hosting appearances, a genuinely nice, and funny guy.

When's the next series of Torchwood? I haven't seen any ads on the BBC yet.

I'm not too sure. To be honest, I have mixed feelings about it. I watch it and like it, but there are times when Jack comes across as a totally different character to how he is written in Doctor Who. Now, I don't blame that on John Barrowman, but the writers and directors. At the end of the day, he's the actor, he does what he's asked to do (a bit like how it takes a director like George Lucas to get such hammy performances from the likes of Christopher Lee, Ewan McGregor and Samuel L. Jackson... At the end of the day, he said he wanted "50's B Movie acting", so that's what they gave him) but to see such disjointed characterization (from the last episode of Torchwood to his first episode back in Doctor Who, was pretty dissapointing, and a waste of John's acting talents. I know there's going to be a break in Doctor Who so David Tennant can do some stage work in the West End. To be honest, the series I'm more looking forward to, is The Sarah-Jane Adventures, sure, it might be aimed at kids, but Elizabeth Sladen is still one hell of a woman :lol:

Edited by TeeJay

Not sure I know who she is...

The Heroes Season 2 starts in the US tonight though :)

She was originally a Companion with, I believe, Tom Baker's Doctor. She returned for an episode with David Tennant and Billie Piper, which also featured Antony Head, and has been given her own spin-off series B)

Edited by TeeJay

She was originally a Companion with, I believe, Tom Baker's Doctor. She returned for an episode with David Tennant and Billie Piper, which also featured Antony Head, and has been given her own spin-off series B)

I remember now, the episode with the return of K-9 as well.