When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Smp Or Omega Smp Gmt ??

djtimodj

Looking at getting one of the obove watches from PT. I have and Breitling chrono avenger Ti, from PT and im worried about he reliability of the asian 7750 mov. the SMP has the eta 2386 i think @ 28.800 bph?? what is in the GMT??

i realy like the look of the gmt but im worried about the life of the movment ?? any thoughts.

Looking at getting one of the obove watches from PT. I have and Breitling chrono avenger Ti, from PT and im worried about he reliability of the asian 7750 mov. the SMP has the eta 2386 i think @ 28.800 bph?? what is in the GMT??

i realy like the look of the gmt but im worried about the life of the movment ?? any thoughts.

GMT also uses the ETA 2836-2, but its modified to accommodate the GMT function, if you read some more you will understand that some of them do have some problems and why its not really a true GMT watch.

I trust that you will do some more research, good luck!

Guest Sql_pl

Be careful when buying a Seamaster Pro.

I believe those great ones we got used to ended and now dealers are selling new stock from new factory.

New SMPs have wrong polished sides of a bracelet, SCREWS instead of bracelet pins and they do not have antimagnetic shield between caseback and the movement.

Cheers!

I don't know if failing GMT function relates to general failure of the movement or not. I have had trouble with this system - from now on, I am looking for GMTs with true GMT movements.

I have a source who says he's sending me a Rolex GMT with the Swiss 2893 movement -- should be on its way, so Ill post pics when I get it.

Bill

Be careful when buying a Seamaster Pro.

I believe those great ones we got used to ended and now dealers are selling new stock from new factory.

New SMPs have wrong polished sides of a bracelet, SCREWS instead of bracelet pins and they do not have antimagnetic shield between caseback and the movement.

Cheers!

I guess I was one of the lucky ones

I don't know for sure about the way the SMP GMT's 2836-2 works, but one thing that really annoys me about my Exp2 2836-2 is that the date change occurs when the GMT hand reaches 0:00. One positive thing about this movement is that the hour hand is independently adjustable.

I have the SMP GMT with Asian movement, and the date change occurs with the hour hand, but the GMT hand is the one that's independently adjustable on this watch.

Both have their negative points... I've never seen the GMT 2893 movements to tell you about any issues they may have.