When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2824-2 Help!

Guest watchbuff

Guest watchbuff

I was just putting the finishing touches on my Frankenjust when I accidentally pushed the stem release button in woithout the stem. Now the stem will not seat in the movement and will not advance the time or date. It just winds the watch and pulls out unassisted. :(

Now what do I do>? It's an Atlantic 2824-2 movement? How can I reset this and get this back to the way it was before? Do I need to remove the watchface, hands etc? The watch came out perfectly! I really do not want to scrap this project. Rookie mistake DAMN I am soooo [censored] at myself. Can anyone help? :(

Pushing the button with no stem in place, is no different than pushing it with the stem in place, as long as you use a correct sized screwdriver, nothing will happen.

My initial guess is that your not pushing the stem in far enough to engage and lock it on the set lever.

On this model, you DON"T press the release when installing the stem, insert the stem carefully and slowly, turning it as you push it in, it will seat quite far, and then you press and it snaps in place.

Give that a try, remember, no pressing the release, and you should have removed it in the normal winding positon, not in the time setting one.

RG

Guest watchbuff

I think I pushed the release button in too far thus causing my problem. I get the stem to go all the way in but it will not lock now. The release button is the problem here. I need a tutorial or some help to someone I can send it to to reset the button so i can place the stem in and lock it. It's eithr that or scrap the whole project, or get a new movement until I can get this one repiared.

I would like to repair this one and would appreciate any and aoo help.

Cheers!

Guest watchbuff

Took a little doing but it's fixed! Back in business! ;) I am going to place the movement in the case, add the lead weight, install the crown and stem an show it off!

Thanks ! ;)

Took a little doing but it's fixed! Back in business! ;) I am going to place the movement in the case, add the lead weight, install the crown and stem an show it off!

Thanks ! ;)

A great way to show appreciation for the help you got, is to do up a post on how you fixed your problem. Since you could not find a post on the keyless works, but have come up with a solution and fixed your own, what a better way to help the forum but by sharing and giving something back to it.

If you can add pictures all the better.

Looking forward to seeing it.

RG

Guest watchbuff

Pictures will not do since the works are hidden in the layers of the movement.

First: Remove hands and dial

second: turn the movement face up

Third: Use a .5mm flay screwdriver to get access to the keyless works.

Fourth: My problem was the push button was hung up andust needed to be worked free, so I just pushed the button back out and placed the stem back in and it works as it should.

Conclusion:

Do not press the stem release all the way down, press it down far enough while keeping pressure on removing the stem until the button is down far enough to release the stem then release the button.

Hope this helps all