When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strongest AR panerai rep dealer

TomRiddle

I'm seperate from the mold of people who dislike AR and think it "Takes away from the gen"

I believe AR makes rep more gen-like than anything, nobody ever sees a killer AR irl and goes, "oh man that's so fake" it's the opposite, they can't believe their eyes at the quality

anyhows, to the point

Which dealer do you all think provides the rep with the best/strongest AR?

or are they all the same?

I'm particularly interested in hearing from people who've ordered pam's from multiple dealers as they can best tell which dealer has the superior AR offering..

anyone? anyone? hmm? :huh:

I'm seperate from the mold of people who dislike AR and think it "Takes away from the gen"

I believe AR makes rep more gen-like than anything, nobody ever sees a killer AR irl and goes, "oh man that's so fake" it's the opposite, they can't believe their eyes at the quality

anyhows, to the point

I'm particularly interested in hearing from people who've ordered pam's from multiple dealers as they can best tell which dealer has the superior AR offering..

Look no further than Davidsen. His are the best, and I can attest to this first hand.

anyhows, to the point

It is pretty much all the same AR on the better Swiss Unitas models. Davidson just has the best crystal to put it on. This makes Davidson's AR look better. You have to pay for all the other mods on a Davidson bringing most up to $400 or more shipped.

The AR is all the somewhat fake looking blue or purple. If you want real thick AR have one of the custom guys on the board do it for you and you don't have to buy a bunch of other mods with it. They really lay it on double sided and thick if that is what you like. Some are even talking about doing the Panerai yellow/clear color AR very soon!

Edited by austin870

I belive the DSN fiddy goes for $390 with all mods and the AR is great, i have a fiddy (not DSN) with a DSN crystal installed and it has a very nice blue tint, Rolexsandwich has the new DSN ultimate Fiddy and his has a slightly more purple tint but also very nice.

It is pretty much all the same AR on the better Swiss Unitas models. Davidson just has the best crystal to put it on. This makes Davidson's AR look better. You have to pay for all the other mods on a Davidson bringing most up to $400 or more shipped.

The AR is all the somewhat fake looking blue or purple. If you want real thick AR have one of the custom guys on the board do it for you and you don't have to buy a bunch of other mods with it. They really lay it on double sided and thick. Some are even talking about doing the real genuine Panerai yellow/clear AR very soon!

Hmm... "Real Panerai AR" isn't always yellow; although a number of models made from 2000-2003 have a yellow coating. A lot of current models (I and J series) have blue AR and there are some made now that still don't have AR. Of note, "Real Panerai AR" is also single, not double sided.

Hmm... "Real Panerai AR" isn't always yellow; although a number of models made from 2000-2003 have a yellow coating. A lot of current models (I and J series) have blue AR and there are some made now that still don't have AR. Of note, "Real Panerai AR" is also single, not double sided.

You are correct. There have been dozens of threads discussing the Panerai AR. It is individual from model to model and differs with manufacturing time periods. They even changed in the middle of manufacturing runs on some models. Someone's perception of the genuine AR color is what they have been exposed to in AD's, real thing and pictures. No AR is also popular on many gen models. I have seen people swear two or three different colored AR were seen for a given model. A lot of that is due to repairs etc. It was probably not the best choice of words to call the yellow "real". It is real for some models and not others.

One thing is for certain and that is many reps have/had the yellow and that is currently not an option for us. You get blue/purple or nothing. The blue/purple being darker shades are harder to control and easily become overpowering.

I thought it worth mentioning because there are many threads saying the blue/purple screams fake on many models. You are right about single sided. I only mentioned double sided because the custom guys will make the AR however you like or think is "genuine" for your particular model. The dealers are take it or leave it.

anyhows, to the point

Check out the AR on gens at the AD before you go crazy with the AR. If there is a visible bright blue AR that is more of a "tell" on a rep than anything. The real AR on gens is quite subtle.

--Doc

Check out the AR on gens at the AD before you go crazy with the AR. If there is a visible bright blue AR that is more of a "tell" on a rep than anything. The real AR on gens is quite subtle.

--Doc

Couldn't agree more.

Anyway, AR on a fiddy really bothers me alot as I have never seen a domed crystal with AR for the gen.

I have the chance to own a gen 217 and to the naked eye, you can almost hardly see a tint of AR in it. It does have a tiny tint of purplish color when you look at the side profile where the curvy sides of the crystal is. But it is really subtle. Hence if yours is without any AR, yours would be the next thing to a Gen.

Scream replica when there is no AR? Well, maybe you missed the thread on the Rep Fiddy on panerisiti forum?

anyhows, to the point

This thread is starting to go in two completely different directions.

This poster really likes the strong "AR look", which to me meant highly noticeable deep, rich AR. He does not appear to be seeking the extremely light "gen" look which is closer to no AR. If that were so he would not be calling it the "AR look" it would be the "no AR" look. He realizes other people like light AR, yet requested ideas on where to get "strong" AR.

Other posters are now trying to talk him into or discuss the "gen" AR look he is not looking for.

My response was to get him what he wanted. I believe it is better to be happy with what you bought than have a gen look that does not impress you.

If people want to discuss the gen look it would probably be better to start another thread for the um-teenth time on the "gen" AR look on a PAM. We can then discuss every different model and all the other factors involved. We are starting to move this guys thread into the opposite direction he requested.