When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

99 Cents Quad Watch Winder @ Ebay

kiropraktor

Looking for watch case last night on ePray and discovered this quad watch winder for 99 cents plus shipping/insurance (US$50). I wonder if this is any good in terms of function and price. Can anyone tell me? Seller is gadgetbestbuy, and I am not related to this seller.

edited for the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-WALNUT-WOOD-4-4-AU...1QQcmdZViewItem

post-111-1148493308_thumb.jpg

post-111-1148493328_thumb.jpg

Edited by kiropraktor

I bought one about 3 months ago from the same seller. I give it a qualified OK. Mine was really noisy, but worked OK. The quality of the finish was OK. What really worked was taking apart the Winder, disassembling the gear box and cleaning and lubing it. Took about two hours, but after that it was a lot smoother and 10 times quieter.

If you need a "Cheap" Winder this one is alright, but I won't buy another one. Next Winder I get will be a lot more high end.

FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK

I've spent the last few days trying to figure out if any of the three main sellers on ebay had a decent product. Here are the three main sellers.

abexpress211 40 leather 49wood+45ship+3ins = $88-97

My Webpage

gadgetbestbuy .99 +45ship +5 ins = $51

My Webpage

ctideals approx 70 + 45 ship = $115

My Webpage

first the ctideals winders seem to get bid up, if you look at completed sales, prices without shipping range from $42 to $102.5 the last four have gone for over $90 plus shipping. I thought I saved the information from both gadget and cti, but I can't find it on this computer, it may be on another computer so I will check later. Between cti and gadget as I recall one told me the winding was 5minutes one way, rest 5minutes, than 5 minutes other way. This seemed like too much winding to me. I think that was the 99cent one but am not sure. The other told me they were lucern watchwinder (I think this was the CTI winder)link for lucernMy Webpage I couldn't find any information pro or con on this one.

Finally, the one I bought (which I have not yet received) is the ABexpress one. I corresponded with two people who where happy with them and said they were quiet. There was also a very positive review on timezone from somebody who also had some very expensive winders. I also corresponded with that guy and he thought for the money it was a great deal.

Also the ABexpress model says it has a 1 year warranty for whatever that is worth.

Returns for all are a joke (they won't refund shipping) so you are pretty much taking a risk.

I'll post a review on mine after I have tried it out.

Good luck

I just received my winder from abexpress211 on ebay. It is virtually silent. I can barely hear it with the lid closed. Here are some pics. I will post a review after I have used it for a few days.

post-1652-1149007339_thumb.jpg

post-1652-1149007481_thumb.jpg

Edited by tmark

I bought that same one from gadgetbestbuy for $49 including shipping costs and was very dissappointed with it. It was very noisy, the pillows kind of suck and one side was leaking (for lack of a better term) black powder which seemed like powdered graphite. :g: On the plus side, I contacted the seller and they refunded $37 of my money no questions asked and told me to keep the winder. I consider that good customer service.

To replace the one that sucked, I bought the quad winder sold by abexpress211. It's quiet, the quality seems very good and it cost me almost the same exact amount that I paid for the crappy one. It also has an LED inside that changes color to let you know the mode you've selected. The only thing you'll notice is that it takes a little time to work the pillows to loosen them up.

Before buying the other two (above) I bought a quad winder from ctideals. I got it so cheap 10.99 + shipping and it worked so well that I bought a second one. It's quiet, the pillows are very nice, and you have three program modes. I was planning to buy a third one but the bidding kept going much higher than when I bought the first two so I started looking for a different brand. That's when I found the winders offered by gadgetbestbuy and abexpress211.

Jeff

Edited by accutron