When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2006 or 2007 cousteau?

chad

2006. But I do wish it had the 2007 caseback.

Just bought the IWC Cousteau 2007, with the school of fishies around the Diver. :)

(It was the super cheapie version, A12j, to see if I liked it. TWP has the one I want one day. Still would get the 2007 version though. It looks more "diverish")

I'm so excited -- my first IWC! Welcome me to the fold, brothers and sisters! :hug:

Haha for me I will wear the white one for weekdays and the orange one for weekends! Oh looks like now I know I'm not the only one waiting for the CD from TWP.....

Just bought the IWC Cousteau 2007, with the school of fishies around the Diver. :)

(It was the super cheapie version, A12j, to see if I liked it. TWP has the one I want one day. Still would get the 2007 version though. It looks more "diverish")

I'm so excited -- my first IWC! Welcome me to the fold, brothers and sisters! :hug:

My vote would be for the 2006 version, but the 2007 is growing on me.

Colors at first seemed too sporty.

WBK is selling a $100 version of the 2007 which is tempting, just to see how I would react to the brighter colored 2007.

Pretty sure I would prefer the dressier blue with white of the 2007.

I would prefer even more the availability of a bracelet!!!

Cheers,

M

My vote would be for the 2006 version, but the 2007 is growing on me.

Colors at first seemed too sporty.

WBK is selling a $100 version of the 2007 which is tempting, just to see how I would react to the brighter colored 2007.

Unless he has two, and it's possible PM him, that's the one coming to me. :)

I'm not sure...I suspect I'd like the '07 one better, but I have the '06 and am pretty comfortable keeping it.

I think the Cousteau is the most underrated of the super-reps. I think it's the best rep of the year, whereas the SFSO seems to command that title from most people. The Cousteau has the strongest AR of any of the super-reps, IMO. It's definitely better than the BCE. I feel it's better than the Steelfish, and I think it's a more accessible watch than the HBB.

For me, it's the 2007, I'm crazy about the colors.

I've allready ordered it from PC, but it is blocked in Anchorage by customs or Fedex office since the 29 of september...

I don't understand what are they doing in Alaska... they were suposed to fly straight to Paris !! smell bad...

waiting for Josh' verdict.... wounded1.gif

Whichever one you buy, make sure you send it off to The Zigmeister if you can spare the expense. The fully superlumed dial is breathtaking. A date wheel swap is a must. Pick up a Swiss ETA 7750 movement of ebay for $160 and you got yourself a rep that is as close to a gen as you can get.

Cousteau1.jpg

Cousteau2.jpg