When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

First Time Pam Buy ?

djtimodj

Just browsing round the forums and a few dealers web sites when i came across this.

http://perfect-clones.com/product_info.php...products_id=455

I really like the look of this, its just that I have never seen it metioned on the forum? does any own this rep or could any point out its fault??

thanks and aslo the PVD coat on some of the PAM's, does it wear off easy ??

thanks guys

Tim.

I have to admit I am not an expert on 192, but it seems a good rep.

You may look at the gen here.

It also has a similar movement (Lemania 1874) to gen (Lemania 1872) -- cote de Geneve decoration included.

And the metal spacer generically tells of a well-made watch.

For what it counts, personally the 192 is the model I like most among all Luminor chrono models.

About PVD: even the fake 'PVD' coating on reps makes the surface a little harder to get scratched.

There are minor flaws on the PAM192, not enough not to get it though!

It's a great watch.

I see it advertised a lot as being on a Stainless Steel and Titanium band... is this true ?

reps of this are very easy to spot mostly due to the "bulb" on the second hand being the wrong distance from the center. There are several other tells on this watch, which is why I ended up not buying it - even through it was the most attractive (at first glance) pam.

reps of this are very easy to spot mostly due to the "bulb" on the second hand being the wrong distance from the center. There are several other tells on this watch, which is why I ended up not buying it - even through it was the most attractive (at first glance) pam.

Not to mention the case is made from titanium and much lighter than the gen which is made from the really heavy tantalium.

Eddy

There are minor flaws on the PAM192, not enough not to get it though!

It's a great watch.

I see it advertised a lot as being on a Stainless Steel and Titanium band... is this true ?

yes it is indeed made of SS and Ti and let me tell you that it is absolutely fantastic. remember that this particular model is an extremely limited edition from a few years back and anyone that knows what the shade the dial should have or the distance of the bulb to the center pin will ALREADY know that it is a rep for any one of 15 other reasons. not just reasons to this particular model, but to all pams. things like the 'flick' of the lever on the CG or that 1 extra mm of thickness of the crown itself or the luminosity of the dial and hands or the shape/depth of the rehaut or the font of the tachymetre numericals or the fact that the gen doesn't come on bracelet (apparently, i'm not 100 percent sure of that, only 99 percent sure) etc etc etc.

all of that being said, this one is absolutely amazing. probably my favorite of all of my pams. not to mention that the venus copy movement inside has been rock solid and dead on accurate.

buy this watch.