When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I dropped my Noob.....

Owens

Hi everyone,

So last night I dropped my watch face down on the tile floor. The bezel insert came out and the second hand stopped sweeping. The watch still

keeps perfect time, however, the second hand will only sweep when you shake it, only then will it sweep for about 15 seconds before stopping again.

What do I do? Buy another one? :)

Thanks,

Dustin

hhmmm well Nanuq probably threw his off the roof of his house in hopes to add more wear and tear to the case and enhance the "vintage" look ;) As for your noob.. the second hand is still attached, but stops after 15 seconds.. yet it still keeps perfect time? I would suspect a gear knocked out of place or broken. Is it an Asian movement or ETA movement? If its an asian then it might just be cheaper to buy a new watch for $100 and sell the one you have for parts. Someone will buy it for the dial and bracelet no problem. If you have a replica-friendly watchmaker in your area then he can have a look at it.. If its ETA then its probably worth fixing. Maybe The Zigmeister has an answer for you, afterall hes our resident watch master.