When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Resizing a Daytona leather deployant

The Mentalist

I've just ordered a leather band for my Daytona and it occurred to me: how the hell do I resize the thing? I hope that it is a case of trimming the ends that connect to the deployant clasp but if the clasp is the same as in the bracelet version, I can't see how that can be done. Any tips or pics for me? (I did a search but nothing came up so please don't flame me for being ignorant and/or lazy).

Edited by The Mentalist

They usually have sizing holes (like a standard strap) in the material through which you slip the tong. The problem I often have is trying to remember how to fold the clasp & where to slide the strap through? But, like me, you will figure it out when you see the strap. It takes longer to explain than to do.

As previously mentioned, you just use the micro-adjust holes on the clasp as you would on a Submariner clasp. Something worth noting, is when adjusting the strap, this can make the back of the clasp 'stand up' from the strap (which if the strap is on the last hole, it can't do) this can lead to the back of the clasp standing up and catching on clothes etc. To counter this, force-fitting a second springbar in the end holes will hold the back of the clasp flat to the strap, as I did here:

35f816a4.jpg

As previously mentioned, you just use the micro-adjust holes on the clasp as you would on a Submariner clasp. Something worth noting, is when adjusting the strap, this can make the back of the clasp 'stand up' from the strap (which if the strap is on the last hole, it can't do) this can lead to the back of the clasp standing up and catching on clothes etc. To counter this, force-fitting a second springbar in the end holes will hold the back of the clasp flat to the strap, as I did here:

35f816a4.jpg

TeeJay is correct. And here is how it looks from the other side:

post-180-1192060655_thumb.jpg

You guys rock! Thanks, you've answered my question.

No problem, glad to be of help. When it comes to force-fitting the second spring bar, you might need to use something like a pair of needlenose pliars to get the necessary force and pressure to get the second end of the bar into place, as the strap will be rather 'resistant' to the idea :lol: Only takes a moment to do though, and then it's perfect, no lifting clasp to catch on your clothes or other things :)