When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer, blue or white dial

rikf

And decided to get a navitimer as my first rep, so I would like something that looks realistic to the untrained eye,

I have been told the blue on the navitimer rep is not particularly realistic, is this correct?

Is my choice for a navitimer a good one? I know its pretty hard to comment on something, basically I want a watch I can wear everyday, and I dont want people commenting that its a fake all the time.

with the lack of AR on this watch i would highly suggest you get a breitling with AR. maybe a swiss steelfish or a bce with some nice double sided AR. the lack of AR on a navitimer is especially bad since the whole watch is all dial....its has a very large crystal compared to the rest of the watch = lotsa reflections. i think you will be blown away with a bce or steelfish.....just my opinion

From another point of view, you can get an AR coating for the crystal. The Navitimer is a beautiful watch, and I would recommend it is bought with a leather strap. If you like the style of the Navitimer I would buy one, and get yourself on an AR run.

If you want one out of the box that you don't have to tamper with, I would go with the advice above.

I have a Navitimer in blue, and it's definitely noticeably darker than the gen. Also, I bought it on leather and it came with a BLACK strap of horrible quality. I have since put it on a Di-Modell jumbo blue leather strap and it's transformed the watch and made me want to wear it all over again (in fact I am wearing it today). The blue may be too dark, but it looks smart nevertheless.

For accuracy to the gen, however, I would choose the white over the blue face.

If you're not going to get the black dial, which is my personal favorite, then I would go with the white. The AR is important, but it should not prevent you from purchasing the watch.

I love mine (wearing it right now) and have been thinking about sending it out for AR.