When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why they never improved...

alexdigio

Hello Panerai addicts...

I've a question...

Since the Panerai H-serie reps came out, there has been one thing that is never improved: the blue words OFFICINE PANERAI on the Unitas movement.. The characters are much thicker than those on the genuine H-serie movements.. Why did they never improve this? It doesn't look difficult to fix that...

I cannot look for it right now, but it appears the most recent Davidson reps have an improved font on the movement. It's posted here somewhere.

-O

I think that thread refers to the new copy of the older "panerai panerai panerai" engraved version of PAM movement.

Hello Panerai addicts...

I've a question...

Since the Panerai H-serie reps came out, there has been one thing that is never improved: the blue words OFFICINE PANERAI on the Unitas movement.. The characters are much thicker than those on the genuine H-serie movements.. Why did they never improve this? It doesn't look difficult to fix that...

I think it is because the watchmakers do not see a need to... B)

I completely agree that replicas will never be the same as the gen. However, I look at the first 111 rep I bought 3 years ago, and I am floored by the difference and IMPROVEMENTS which have taken place since then; More accurate dials, CG, movement with correctly shaped bridges, bluing in the right places, swan neck regulator adj. etc...

The difference is night and day. The newest generation is really quite good.

-O

I completely agree that replicas will never be the same as the gen. However, I look at the first 111 rep I bought 3 years ago, and I am floored by the difference and IMPROVEMENTS which have taken place since then; More accurate dials, CG, movement with correctly shaped bridges, bluing in the right places, swan neck regulator adj. etc...

The difference is night and day. The newest generation is really quite good.

-O

I just got my 111h from davidsen today in the mail.

And while the officine panerai in blue is not perfect..

it seems like it definitely has been improved as compared to previous versions..

here is a pic

DSC_1676.jpg

I just got my 111h from davidsen today in the mail.

And while the officine panerai in blue is not perfect..

it seems like it definitely has been improved as compared to previous versions..

here is a pic

DSC_1676.jpg

It actually is a lot thinner than how it looks in that pic..

I think it's just the angle that I took it at