When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New bezel insert on my submariner =)

UB7

Hey guys, just popped this new bezel insert onto my submariner...Looks fantastic - and the pearl is correct on this one and even lumes the same color as the markers on a stock sub from Andrew...I followed the instructions in the bezel insert tutorial and everything went great, thanks a ton!

Stock insert is on the left not on the watch:

SUBBEZE.jpg

subsmall.jpg

Link to the tutorial

Edited by UB7

I've got a gen insert on my sub, but would say yours is probably the nicest non-gen sub insert I've seen yet. The printing is good, the pearl is good. But the large stick markers are probably a bit on the thin side... not that anyone would ever notice.

_MG_6395rsz.jpg

Good.

My difficulty is where to buy a gen bezel or bezel insert

The rlx official sellers in Italy dont sell parts. I have buyed insert for my GMT in a review of used watches, but it is rare

Have you address of a internet site that sells GEN bezel insert ?

Thanks

Hey guys, just popped this new bezel insert onto my submariner...Looks fantastic - and the pearl is correct on this one and even lumes the same color as the markers on a stock sub from Andrew...I followed the instructions in the bezel insert tutorial and everything went great, thanks a ton!

Stock insert is on the left not on the watch:

Do you have a link to the instructions?

Is jewelry outlet and ebay seller or an internet site?

Ive had this insert, and the jewelry outlet insert.

i can say the jewelry outlet insert is a much better insert. the insert has a nice "sheen" to it.

Glad you are happy with it thou, thats all that matters

wear it in good health

Thats weird, I cant find the how-to bezel insert I forget what search string I used...Can somebody else help him out with this? It was a great in-depth how-to for exactly this task but I forget who wrote it...

Edited by UB7

Nice looking insert!

I did mine about 2 months ago. Probably the only upgrade I'll do.

But I didn't think it was as much work as that tutorial went through. I took a hobby knife with a #11 blade, wedged it between the bezel and the insert and gave it a twist. Came right out without doing anything else. Then I used some watch crytal cement along the outermost edge of the inside of the bezel (so i wouldn't end up gluing the bezel in place), lined up the insert and pressed it down. Let it sit overnight and it's good as new (well better, but you get my point).

Think the entire procedure took under 10 minutes and that's only because I was a bit hesitant at first.

-Fred

I delt with the seller of this bezel... I purchased a 1610 tube from them. was a totalyl painless transaction. Great communication, good price, fits gen crown perfectly, and came with all neccessary gaskets...

I was interested in thier 16800 bezel, and i asked for more pics. 10minutes later, they had taken and emailed me more pics. if ic ant find a gen insert, I am totally going with "dawnhelfand" on eBay

UB7, is the bezel you bought for the 16610 or the 16800? looks amazing...

My bad, the seller name is 'helfands', in the US yes..

UB7, is the bezel you bought for the 16610 or the 16800? looks amazing:

Thanks, the bezel is not specified for anything, it was a very vague "Submariner bezel insert" no model # or anything, just a generic aftermarket bezel insert

Edited by UB7