When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

December AR Signup Thread

HauteHippie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was in for an ar on my future 3717, but i bought the superocean steelfish... does it also need the double Ar or is that done already on the swiss eta?( the more expensive one)....

yeh it already has a double AR.. i dont get it.. usually this thread is full of ppl signing up this time theres no one :S

I want to be in but I have about 6 watches to do.

2-SFSO

2-EVO

1 Navitimer

1 UPO (on the way)

Just trying to get my $$$ right.

The ETA based SFSOs already have a reasonably good AR coating. I think both the Navi and the UPO will have a very poor AR coating that you'll need to remove first. And on the EVO, I am not sure.

Anyhow, let us know soon. We're about to get started. Anyone else, too.

I'm all in .. but what is the cut off for this run ?.. I am waiting for a new replacement 3717 and there is 1 or 2 breitlings I would like to order, then i have to find someone to remove the crystals.. I'll never take it into an AD and there are not many good watchsmiths that I know of that are not retail AD's too.. so I don't want to commit unless i am sure I can make the deadline..???

I'm all in .. but what is the cut off for this run ?.. I am waiting for a new replacement 3717 and there is 1 or 2 breitlings I would like to order, then i have to find someone to remove the crystals.. I'll never take it into an AD and there are not many good watchsmiths that I know of that are not retail AD's too.. so I don't want to commit unless i am sure I can make the deadline..???

According to chief's AR information page the deadline is November 26th.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do the "ultimate" BCE need the double AR done? Or is the default one sufficient...If it needs one I'm definitely in. I won't be able

to send the crystal for a week though since I just ordered mine.

I broke down and order one after seeing the black dial/silver subdials at the AD. I was never interested in the BCE...graphite on graphite

looks washed out...so does the slate gray/black subdials...

For some reason, even my girl was like WOW when she saw the black/silver subdial on my wrist...

The gen. has a very inky black dial to it, I think due to the amazing AR on the gens....

Do the "ultimate" BCE need the double AR done? Or is the default one sufficient...If it needs one I'm definitely in. I won't be able

to send the crystal for a week though since I just ordered mine.

I broke down and order one after seeing the black dial/silver subdials at the AD. I was never interested in the BCE...graphite on graphite

looks washed out...so does the slate gray/black subdials...

For some reason, even my girl was like WOW when she saw the black/silver subdial on my wrist...

The gen. has a very inky black dial to it, I think due to the amazing AR on the gens....

Why don't you wait until you receive the watch and see what you think of the AR. Personally, I'd strip the rep AR and redo it. But that's me.

Right now the December AR run is pretty overloaded. You could probably wear your new BCE for a bit, and then get into a subsequent AR run if you felt it necessary, though.

-Chief

Hi Chief,

any room left for 3 Crystals on your December run?

If not, when will your next be?

Cheers,

Paul

You would have to get them to me lickity split... within 4 days or so. PM me if that's possible. I do, however, have a sample crystal being coated with an amazing new AR for the first time right now, and I should be receiving it back next week. After a quick evaluation of this crystal, we'll be ready to go. I'm also still waiting for a few crystals to arrive from overseas, but they've all been mailed. So the run could be delayed a little based on the arrival times of the sample and the overseas crystals, but the current goal is Dec 10.

...Have a sample crystal being coated with an amazing new AR for the first time right now, and I should be receiving it back next week. After a quick evaluation of this crystal, we'll be ready to go.

This run will use a new coating process or I misunderstand you here?