When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

When can we expect a better Navitimer?

Guest watchbuff

Guest watchbuff

Just was thinking about earlier this year, I almost pulled the trigger on a $300.00 rep of a Navitimer with the correct case dimesions, good subdials, and decent deployment strap.

I just could not do it because of the recessed date wheel and the font that looks off.

I have owned 2 Gen Breitlings, One of which is a B2 I still sport evey other day since I aquired it. The Navitimer was the one I always wanted but the pricce was a bit over my means at the time. Now that I could buy one, I cannot bring myself to do it since the love affair with them is not as hot as it was when I first laid eyes on one.

I am not against a rep, a good one with the date that is not recessed and correct case markings like the SOSF or BCE (The BCE is ridiculously priced and for that $ I'd go for a gen anything else)

So I put it to the market churning out thousan's of reps a day to finally make a quality Navitimer or do we have to resort to modding as some do. What mods has anyone done that look close to gen. I cannot seem to fin ANY here.

P.S. The most sought after model for a span of time was the Emergency, but what a dissapointment that turned out to beas a rep. They could have done that better.

By the way, if you are a gen Emergency owner, SAR SAT will not be monitoring the 121.5 Mhz frequency come 2009. So it's usefullness wil be limited to ground bas triangulation. Yrust me on this...if you crash and trip your ELT and have to rely on just that, you'll starve to death.

Guest watchbuff

The markings on the case are absolutely obscene in it's 3rd grade grammar in some places. It's true, if they made a Navitimer with the same quality and fit and finish as the overpriced BCO or SOSF, I would be first on a long line of many to for over mine. The slide rule fix is not difficult, by B2 slide rule is smooth and flawless and lines up and I cannot see that as an engineering marvel, surely it can be duplicated.

So I guess it has to put to a challenge to rep makers to produce a quality navitimer worthy of the accolade of the BCE and SOSF.

Hs anyone seen any mods? There has to be another movement or at least a modification that will allow for the date to rotate correctly , in the proper position in the winndow and all oter "issue's" that need to be fixed for the real enthusiast's to plunk down some cash for one.

I guess the average wannabe that doesn't know better hands over his $200+ dollars for a real bad rep and is happy. I guess there are enough out there who want one but do not care enough for the industry not to bother re-tooling and figure "wtf, were making $ with this one why change and cut into our bottom line" Kinda depressing, but thats the real world I guess. :huh:

If they were more perfect, we'd be paying $3000+ for them.

The markings on the case are absolutely obscene in it's 3rd grade grammar in some places. It's true, if they made a Navitimer with the same quality and fit and finish as the overpriced BCO or SOSF, I would be first on a long line of many to for over mine. The slide rule fix is not difficult, by B2 slide rule is smooth and flawless and lines up and I cannot see that as an engineering marvel, surely it can be duplicated.

So I guess it has to put to a challenge to rep makers to produce a quality navitimer worthy of the accolade of the BCE and SOSF.

Hs anyone seen any mods? There has to be another movement or at least a modification that will allow for the date to rotate correctly , in the proper position in the winndow and all oter "issue's" that need to be fixed for the real enthusiast's to plunk down some cash for one.

I guess the average wannabe that doesn't know better hands over his $200+ dollars for a real bad rep and is happy. I guess there are enough out there who want one but do not care enough for the industry not to bother re-tooling and figure "wtf, were making $ with this one why change and cut into our bottom line" Kinda depressing, but thats the real world I guess. :huh: